Time for a new .22 mod

My old SAK mod is due for retirement and I'm keen to get something new.

Whats the best .22 mod on the market.

Its to go on an 1/2 UNF Anschutz carbine.

Regards

Rob

iuse a parker hale proofed on my cz452 it was 26 quid and is strippable (very quiet)

I tried an Ase Utra, a Parker Hale and a Sirocco SMII on my standard length skinny barrelled Finnfire and settled on the sirocco, sounded a bit quieter... probably because it was new and clean, but was lighter than the others and gave better grouping with Eley subs.

Price was good too...

's me,

Fizz

B)

Rob-

recently scored a very tidy old BSA Supersport 5 for ~110 quid.

I had a Hardy rimfire can fitted while keeping the barrel at 17". Balance is about right- the rifle has the heaviest barrel I've seen on a rimfire (excepting smallbore guns of course)

BSA-Mod1.jpg

As you can see, it's shooting well. Was surprised the Win Power Point subs did as well as the smallbore ammo

BSA-22Nov12.jpg

As a bonus, I found a spare mag for it while rooting through junk parts bins of my recently deceased friend/gunsmith. These mags are as common as rocking horse cr*p so a very good score

Chris-NZ

• 4 weeks later...

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd432/motoko66/DSCF0254_zpse486f33d.jpg

I have a Hogan Decimeater on my Anschutz 1417 .22, due to its short barrel it really helps balance it out nicely.

It can be stripped but is fiddly but is of solid construction and i feel for the money (£40) is very good value!

Ps not the air rifle one that i have seen actually fitted to someones rifle but the proofed version lol!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived