New Winter project for me

1967spud

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2012/11/2300-yard-target-cam-system-components-and-set-up/

i am going to set my self a budget of £300 not including camera or tripod as i already have them .

i might just bolg this as i think itll be usefull for one or two memers who shoot at extended ranges

You need to find a unit that works on an unoccupied portion of our spectrum, otherwise yes you will be breaking the law, and also possibly endangering lives If the unit interferes with ambulance radios etc.I still think it's a good idea though.

http://www.iss-com.net/istore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=24&products_id=132

This any good / legal to use with standard cameras feeding back to a laptop ? I've started to look for similar having inherited an ex road camera ( that was true surplus ) that does work . I also have the positioning unit but don't know if i can operate that remotely .

Ian

I think one of the stalling points might be that the transmitter watt output is limited in the UK, should still transmit 500 yards plus IIRC, probably further with the directional ariels. £300 should do it, the Chinese transmitters/receivers on Ebay are cheap, check out for USB analogue digital convertors also if wanting to use analogue for sending/receiving and then viewing on a laptop etc.

Been a while since I looked or thought about this... I might have a parts list lying around. I'm not a sparky so getting my head round it at the time when little was known about how it was done was a PITA. Great if someone here has the experience to advise the best method.

If memory serves I was going digital camera, analogue transmitter/receiver, plus batteries and ariels, USB convertor to view on laptop.

Looked at WiFi systems, multiple remote operated cameras etc but to get enough definition for bullet holes on a black background the cameras quickly became expensive and the limiting factor, time moves on though and products might be cheaper.

I'd love to set up a portable 5 lane system on the local 500yd range, WiFi looked the way to go for that.

The other prob I'm having is the power supply for the camera and lens , it's 8 volts ! Any one know of a simple / light way way to get this ( as above , not a leccy either so limited to info from the usual suppliers , net , maplin, etc ) thanx

The other prob I'm having is the power supply for the camera and lens , it's 8 volts ! Any one know of a simple / light way way to get this ( as above , not a leccy either so limited to info from the usual suppliers , net , maplin, etc ) thanx

Whats the current requirement, yes I know thats the current requirement but what about the amperage? :D

Archived