GRS versus KKC stocks

Davy

Does anyone have any opinions on the build quality, inletting, functionality, finish and ergonomics of the GRS Varminter versus the KKC stocks?

Also does anyone know which of the two is lighter for say a Sako 85.

Looking at the stocks side by side, id say the KKC is the lighter of the two.

Id favour the GRS on looks and build quality.....the cheek-piece on the KKC is awful.

Does anyone have any opinions on the build quality, inletting, functionality, finish and ergonomics of the GRS Varminter ...

David. I've handled a rifle in a GRS stock and I was impressed, however I much prefer and ambidextrous thumbhole stock as follows:

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/gallery/member-galleries/p2948-remington-700-sa-in-260-rem.html

Regards JCS

• 3 weeks later...

I opted for the GRS Sporter/Varmint and it looks to be very well built with some nice touches and is reasonably light as well. A pillar and bedding job will finish it off nicely.

I opted for the GRS Sporter/Varmint and it looks to be very well built with some nice touches and is reasonably light as well. A pillar and bedding job will finish it off nicely.

Post us a photo once it's in Davy.

post us a photo once it's in Davy.

Not sure how I sent this twice! :wacko:

Here it is finished, .243 Sako 85 in the GRS and I have pillar and glass bedded it at the request of the owner. It weighs in at 3,9Kgs.

8258127031_6a37f8e0a1.jpg

A fair amount of complaints regarding the KKC here now (falling apart in the laminate etc). GRS seems to be winning a lot of ground.

The GRS was nice to work with and I notice the wife was rather taken with is as well, it does make me wonder if they do stocks for the S&L M97 Action..

Archived