Ballistic turret wraps

Tuck

Hello all I know we have been here before but can you purchase turret wraps I have just got a leupold mk4 and I would love some wraps for it with yards if you see what I mean just for the elavation would be good! How do they work it out?? I'm geussing they would need a mv which is a problem as I don't have a chrony! HELP

rob

first thing youll need to get repeatable drops once youve verified them in real time is exactly as you predicted - muzzle velocity i.e.fps

with out thhat at best youre guessing

Ok spud I feared as much! So I just need fps and bullet weight bullet bc etc???

yes youll need bullet speed as discussed buttle bc figure and all drops before you nail them to your scope need real time verify in all conditions as , as you know drops will change with differing weather conditions

Ok spud I feared as much! So I just need fps and bullet weight bullet bc etc???

Rob, it depends what you're wanting to achieve. If you're keen to get started, a good way without the need to do anything technical would just be to shoot the distances you want. Record the click setting for each distance and then make the wrap based on those records.

Yeah good idea bd I think I need to get the rangefinder out! I only want to go to 400-500 yards! I have tryed the ballistic Apps before but never realy found them that accurate but then when your geussing mv I suppose this is to be exspected!!!

rob,

im in the same boat mate, spent sat afternoon checking the drop in real time compared to what i-snipe said,

to be fair it was pretty dam close, at 350m only 3/4'' out.

again providing you ensure all the data imputs are correct, you should get decent results

cheers jock

Ballistic explorer has been closest to predicting bullet drop for me, however you do need to feed the programmes reliable data as opposed to speculation. I think Brown Dog says ' sh*t in sh*t out! There is no substitute for firing at least 10 rounds at all of the required ranges ideally spotting and recording the fall of shot. Wind does become a factor but for elevation settings and understanding click values it's the way to go. If you can get a gallery range and target marker it is money well spent.

Archived