FTR STOCK

matchking

The low rider does work, speak to Vince B and Stuart Anslem on here.

Vince built a FTR rifle using one and Stuart won the European FTR championship with it last year. I'm sure Vince did a write up on it in Target sports.

The low rider does work, speak to Vince B and Stuart Anslem on here.

Vince built a FTR rifle using one and Stuart won the European FTR championship with it last year. I'm sure Vince did a write up on it in Target sports.

Yes - I've also used Dorg's version of the US Precision Rifle stock - it makes a great F/TR stock.

Vince

A little background to this story.

We have already made Sean a stock a while back. We had a call from Niel Mckillop to say now using the particular action they wanted the stock we have made is not quite deep enough to take it. We have offered to make Sean another stock free of charge. But since the original order was placed, we now make several different styles and have suggested to Sean perhaps a stock in one of the new styles would suit his purposes better. I have to say I agree with Vince

Thanks for the replies. I think i will take the plunge and go with the low rider style. I have seen a very nice thumb hole one that has caught my eye. I think it is the same one that Neil Mckilop has in his work shop. Which he said was a very nice stock. I would urge anyone looking for a stock whether it be for target shooting or vermin to have a chat with Simon. His stocks are very well made and very well priced. Plus He seems a top bloke even if he is english :lol:

Thanks Sean

Thanks for the replies. I think i will take the plunge and go with the low rider style. I have seen a very nice thumb hole one that has caught my eye. I think it is the same one that Neil Mckilop has in his work shop. Which he said was a very nice stock. I would urge anyone looking for a stock whether it be for target shooting or vermin to have a chat with Simon. His stocks are very well made and very well priced. Plus He seems a top bloke even if he is english :lol:

Thanks Sean

Just waiting for my thumb hole tac stock from Simon for my M595 Tikka, hopefully wont be long now. :rolleyes:

Just waiting for my thumb hole tac stock from Simon for my M595 Tikka, hopefully wont be long now. :rolleyes:

Its left, hopefully you have recieved it today.

Recieved a stock in today, that was due for paint, but unfortunatly has run out of available time on my Part.

Its Elwoods thumbhole F class stock.

This is the first one i,ve seen of Simon,s outside of display models, and i have to say, i was absolutely astounded at the quality of it. Every curve, cut , section was laser sharp and straight. The thumbhole was truly a work of art, nd the finish for an UNfinished stock was way better than ANY other laminate blank available in the world today, and trust me, i,ve finished stocks from virtually all of them.

They are not immediatly ready for any type of finish, but they have no tooling marks in them, and display probarbly a 400 grit finish ?

A beautiful stock, at a truly amazing price.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you dorg, received my T/hole tac stock, very nice indeed mate, top notch, just waiting to get it bedded into my 595, job will be done in November and will post a pic on this thread when all is completed. :rolleyes:

Tony.

.. Elwoods thumbhole F class stock....i was absolutely astounded at the quality of it...

A beautiful stock, at a truly amazing price.

Well after that rave-up Dave, I think we're due a pic or two when it's finished? B)

I,m not finishing it now Chris. Other work commitments overtook it unfortunatly, and i couldn,t complete it in the time frame. Ian has had it sent on elsewhere.

Beautiful stock though, never seen better.

I hope to do a full write up on the stock from the start to the finish with Simon's consent.

I was really hoping to have the stock and the rifle ready for the Europeans, it might still happen but it's looking unlikely.

I will take this opportunity to thank Dave Wylde for being up front and honest and not taking on a project that he knew he couldn't give 100% concentration in the time scale given.

Archived