Pretty interesting...

Remington would have been better advised to spend the money they have done, on that silly barrel, and put it instead , into a good quality fibreglass stock, because the pile of plastic crap thats wearing, is utter, utter sh**e, and the sps too. We are buying sps,s for actions at the mo, cant sell the complete gun, and never will when the tikka t3 can be had for not many pennies more.The sps might sell in the states as a $400 deer gun, but it sure dont sell here at £500.The varmint is a better barrelled gun, but it still needs a decent stock.

Now remington could make a lot of folk here happy, and release a UK version of the ar15 rifle they,ve apparently released. ;)

They are losing their marbles as well as customers, a triangular barrel is no where near as strong as a round tubular one, you have thin places where the flats are and it will certianly allow heat out faster there but unevenly! for heavens sake, fluting is a better way to go. Very difficult to do anything with, too like threading and so on, Can not imagine what they are thinking of, bit like the crazy electric firing system they came up with a year or two back.

As baldie says a decent stock would be a good start and then tighten up on their quality control too and they would be onto a winner.

Redfox

As baldie says a decent stock would be a good start and then tighten up on their quality control too and they would be onto a winner.

Redfox

And put in a integral recoil lug in the action instead of that washer of a thing they call a lug. :angry:

They could just get Howa to stamp Remmington on the side of there actions, then they would be all sorted. :huh::o

Best rgds

B-b

I have to say I have a soft spot for Remmys, they were always known to be one of the most accurate " out of the box" rifles and the ones Ive had in the past were. Sadly like many companies, between accountants taking over the running of firms and an ever more PC market place they, like many, have had to contend with rising costs and a declining number of customers, yet are still expected to turn out tack drivers for a low price.

You really have a conflict of interest in those circumstances and one of the first things to suffer is quality.

I still like them but you have to regard the factory barrel as shoot till it opens up in its groups, then get a decent match grade barrel on and do a trigger job and bed it and/or change the stock, you will then have a rifle that will put a smile on your face and still at a reasonable overall cost compared with the fancier ones. Just MO

Redfox

Guest 308Panther

It will be interesting to see how well it is accepted.

I never cared for the idea of barrel fluting.

I wish they had offered a couple more

options on the rifling rates as I feel a 1:12 in .308 is

kinda limited for bullet choices.

308Panther

Guest 308Panther

No argument there Redfox...

Got a 1:10 on the DPMS....Works well too.

That is...provided I do my part. :lol:

If nothing else it just broadens the versatility....

In the .223 version they went to a 1:9 wich will

cover just about every weight bullet offered for a .223

Just wish they would have given the same consideration

for the .308.

Oh Well, at least it doesnt say "Made in Japan" on the barrel.

And that makes me very happy.

As I wont buy a new Abolt or Vanguard for that reason.

308Panther

Archived