WHAT A NIGHT!!!!!!

gaz6br

Last week me and my mate had already shot 12 foxes on a few nights on different farms. Saturday night we had permission on three new farms for lamping with fresh cut stubble so had high hopes of getting one or two. I started the night of about 7:30 I got on the kobota and went and sat on a local estate looking over some stubble. Had the foxpro going and the predator intiser out in the field, ten mins before dark I spotted a fox walking along a hedge carrying a pheasant the 223 ackley made short work of him so a good start. I headed back to the farm put kobota away and got the discovery out, me and my mate headed to the farms. We tuck it in turns standing out the sunroof and the night just got better and better we got back at 5:30am ending up with 22 foxes missing just the one thrashing our old best of 11. Last year we had 204 didn't think we would this year but that shot us up to 188 this year now. The next day had a call off another farm saying they had seen 3 bolt out why cutting so that evening we headed there and same again foxpro out and another one down. Went and lamped that night on more farms and had another 4 what a weekend.

With that many foxes about the farmers must be losing plenty of lambs and poultry, I wish I had that many around by me, I am lucky to get 2 week.

what you have to remember is most of them will be silly cubs just sitting out in the fields,you can usually kill the whole lot if you sit long enough,still a great night out only happens once a year

Cheers chaps went out again last night on some more farms had another 5 had a nice old dog fox and a cub before dark with the foxpro and predator intiser and 3 with the lamp missed one it was the easiest of the night I'd already head shot 3 all at 200 yards plus and then missed a silly 130 yard one asleep on a bail but it happens thanks again looks like it could be another good weekend coming up ;)

Or RSPCA did a big release in the area ?? still a cracking result mate.

That was my first thought. Did any of them have scars from operations etc?

Good luck for the weekend.

Rich

No mate I'm sure these were family's born on the ground the three farms are around a thousand plus acres each real big stubble fields but you never no for sure. One thing for sure il keep shooting them where ever they come from ;)

Keep knocking them over gaz, seen it up here like that you think there's nowt much about, get a new permission and the combines start rolling and hey presto get a few litters ratching about the stubble. What intiser do you use gaz? Keep up the good work :D

Called a predator intiser just a bunch of feather on a pole runs of alittle motor bout £35 but works realy well the fox concentrates on that flicking about and the foxpro calling next to it, rather than looking for danger or spotting your self, shot loads over it now and magpies and crows go wild at it worth every penny mate

Had another 6 last night bringing it to 16 so far this week and there's still thousands of acres still left to cut so I'm sure there will be more to come ;)

Cheers yes we do feel real lucky to have the ground we have got because i no alot of people do struggle, between me and two shooting buddys we must have 10 thousand plus acres of arable ground plus 3 big shooting estates 3 free range chicken farms 6 free range pig farms and other bits and bobs so plenty to go at. my mate had another 7 last night, i couldnt make it but sounds like he had another fun night cheers ;)

Another 2 taken last night taking us to 207 this year beating last years total of 204 we keep record from September to September so we have just a little bit longer till we start over again ;)

Thats good going gaz. Im a keeper on a commercial shoot with 4000 acres and we have never had over 100 best is 99 .a although we have done 61 in under 5 months so could our year this year.

Thats good going still mate, the main pheasant shooting estate i live next to i hammer it making sure i keep the foxes right down on there and its paying off, 8 years ago the head keeper was always on the phone saying he had seen a fox here and there. I was shooting alot off it back then as it had not been keeperd for few years before it had got taken over again. But now i just see the odd one or maybe two about so much better when theres 30,000 polts floating about. keep a close eye on the other pheasant shoots aswell and the chicken farms but these big arable farms we can only realy get on top of them now so thats why the big numbers all of a sudden ;) keep up the good work :)

Thats good going still mate, the main pheasant shooting estate i live next to i hammer it making sure i keep the foxes right down on there and its paying off, 8 years ago the head keeper was always on the phone saying he had seen a fox here and there. I was shooting alot off it back then as it had not been keeperd for few years before it had got taken over again. But now i just see the odd one or maybe two about so much better when theres 30,000 polts floating about. keep a close eye on the other pheasant shoots aswell and the chicken farms but these big arable farms we can only realy get on top of them now so thats why the big numbers all of a sudden ;) keep up the good work :)

yeah we just smacked aload over and now for the rest of the year we just shoot couple a week. harder to find them here in Cornwall sometimes.The contours of the ground can make it awkward plus they are always on the edge of woodland areas and if your not quick they soon scoot back in

yeah we just smacked aload over and now for the rest of the year we just shoot couple a week. harder to find them here in Cornwall sometimes.The contours of the ground can make it awkward plus they are always on the edge of woodland areas and if your not quick they soon scoot back in

Same for us mate bloody wild at the minute but its only once a year unless we pick up a bit of fresh ground now and again, alot of the ground we shoot are big open fields the estates are a bit different hilly and big woods but do alot of early morning and evening sitting outs to get the crafty ones. Im sure theres some good nights still to come as half the ground we have hasnt been cut yet so best get some loading done ;)

Same for us mate bloody wild at the minute but its only once a year unless we pick up a bit of fresh ground now and again, alot of the ground we shoot are big open fields the estates are a bit different hilly and big woods but do alot of early morning and evening sitting outs to get the crafty ones. Im sure theres some good nights still to come as half the ground we have hasnt been cut yet so best get some loading done ;)

add the two i shot saturday night as well gaz ;)

Cheers mate we do try our best I'm sat out now as I'm writing this. Sat with the fox pro going near some big plantations so fingers crossed ;)

Archived