WHAT A NIGHT!!!!!!

gaz6br

Did you get owt? I'm finally managing to get out tonight, can't wait. :)

No mate didnt see a thing thats bin a first for a while, so the hard work could be paying off. Weve had 56 just in august so far looking at my records, we keep record september to september last year had 204 this year just crept over with 207 with a bit of time left to go :) good luck with your night ;)

Hell gaz that's a bloody busy month, got three myself last night on a fresh bit of ground. One of my permissions rang saying his cousin had a lamb die due to pneumonia and most of it had gone the first night so he left it where it was. The .223,55grn v-max and the pulsar made short work of them looking for a free meal, a vixen and two decent cubs ;)

Hell gaz that's a bloody busy month, got three myself last night on a fresh bit of ground. One of my permissions rang saying his cousin had a lamb die due to pneumonia and most of it had gone the first night so he left it where it was. The .223,55grn v-max and the pulsar made short work of them looking for a free meal, a vixen and two decent cubs ;)

Think thats the best weve had yet mate, good going nice when that happens keep it up ;)

Good going mate when we see them and there not keen on the lamp that's when it's time to sit there early morning or evening it normally pays off had plenty of old crafty ones over the last few weeks doing that keep up the good work ;)

Another 2 taken last night taking us to 207 this year beating last years total of 204 we keep record from September to September so we have just a little bit longer till we start over again ;)

Thats an amazing amount of foxes. Do you shoot them all year round Gaz?

Have to say yes we do shoot them all year round, we are out twice aweek at least and more when theres a problem with them or the harvest begins. For me when the foxes have cubs to ground it's a perfect time to find the earths and sit and wait for the crafty adults to return but we sort the cubs out after so nothing has to suffer. It has to be done on the estates mainly if I told the keepers we where leaving them they wouldn't be happy and would soon get someone else so it has to be done where it matters most. When we light cubs up around an earth they get left until the adults are taken care of other wise they may get moved somewhere else if you start shooting the cubs

It's the adults doing all the killing at that point so get them first.

Good man gaz, seriously wet up here now. Still making it out tho another new spot where chickens had been take produced a nice dog fox last night again with the .223 setup and foxpro on chicken distress! :)

quote name='happyhunter' timestamp='1345911253' post='130385']

Good man gaz, seriously wet up here now. Still making it out tho another new spot where chickens had been take produced a nice dog fox last night again with the .223 setup and foxpro on chicken distress! :)

Niceone mate had the same few weeks ago on one of the free range chicken farms we shoot, fox had got in killed around 200 birds got there one evening i just got to a bail in the field put the rifle on it i look up and a fox is walking away from the shed so a quick squeak to stop him and down he went. Then i went and put the foxpro and intiser in the field on chicken in distrees 20 mins later a fox is stalking it across the field that one went down aswell just before dark. Had a lamp round saw nothing else had one or two of it since then but no more chickens have been killed ;)

• 1 month later...

Still a good night mate nice one, we managed 2 Monday night but it has gone quite now but we did shoot 59 in august so we give them a good hammering ;)

Archived