Tikka 595 stock

Wondered if any of you chaps out there might know of a sporter/tactical type aftermarket stock inletted for a tikka 595 is for sale or i could order with a quick turn round.I intended keeping the original synthetic stock and having it painted by kal but ime afraid its flexing under pressure with the bipod on because i had a 24"lothar walther magnum sporter #1450 barrel in 6mmbr norma fitted which is a larger diameter than the original which obviously meant taking some material out of the original stock and weakening it! hence my quest for something else. I e-mailed macmillan twice for a quote (last time 2/12/2007) but still no reply!! tried col48 but alas his man with the laminated stocks does not inlet for the tikka 595, any suggestions lads!!

Thanks JTF

JTF

I too have a Tikka M595 in .308 Synthetic and have got my McMillan A5 on order for my 6.5x55 SAKO but am still looking for an alternative AM stock for the .308. Let me know how you get on :lol:

If you want I could email my contact who is sorting my A5 out for me. PM me if you want me too.

Regards

OA

Thanks for the quick replies,

OA will keep you informed (pity about those laminates as i quite fancied one and only 6 weeks wait)

Dave do you know if they have a web site

JTF

hi

as i told you Mr fox :P you could send the old stock over and have it inlet like this.as you would be having the action bedded you would not really tell the difference.

here is the contact details for Richards Microfit Gunstocks

http://rifle-stocks.com/

All so if you would like a MC Milan ordering i will be glade to get you one, but as you know there is quite a long waiting time,(20 weeks last time i asked)

the chap (Joel) would not need your stock for 6 weeks to right your program, i will ask him how long he would need the donor stock for.

ATB

Colin :lol:

Hi Col,

I'm also looking for a replacement stock for my Tikka 595, and have just been looking at "Richard's Microfit" web site.

They look good, and the quoted price is right. Have you seen any of their work? and if so how do you rate it?

cheers, Tedward.

Hi Col,

I'm also looking for a replacement stock for my Tikka 595, and have just been looking at "Richard's Microfit" web site.

They look good, and the quoted price is right. Have you seen any of their work? and if so how do you rate it?

cheers, Tedward.

hi -

sorry i have not had the pleasure of seeing there work,(well I'm not aware i have)

but I'm sure there is someone on here that has

ATB

Guest northernchris

I saw one of their stocks in the flesh the other day it was for a 452CZ rimmy,for the money it did look dam good value.I am going over to my mates at some point on Wednesday so i will be able to see what the "fit" is like.

Try contacting Manners Composite stocks, they may do an inlet for the 595.

The stock pic i put up in the laminate thread is a richards, i imported a few years back. We then got a few in for stock in various inlets, but they were no where near 96% inletted and maybe 50% finished. Richards are excellent value, and as well as the laminates, they have a good range of walnuts, and the extremely beautiful quilt maples, which are almost holographic.

Now for the bad part. Richards are extremely slow....they make mcmillan look rapid, in terms of delivery times. Their customer service is on the par with boyds, ie, almost non existant, and they are prone to friday afternoon stocks, most days of the week.

If you have experience of stockmaking, and can pillar and devcon bed, then they are an excellent proposition, but beware, there is an awful lot of work involved, in finding that beautiful stock, that "is in there somewhere"

To be honest, we wont get them for stock anymore as most customers dont, or cant afford to pay for 30 hours work involved in finishing them properly.They are great for diy.

The boyds vip range of unfinished stocks are a far better bet, as they are almost perfect inletting wise, and are virtually finished sanding and shaping wise. Also boyds deal very well with private buyers, they aren,t so great with bulk buying firms funnily enough, which is surprising really, we buy 150 -200 a year from them.

Confirmed Col

also have a T4A and a T2A on order, I could have had the T2 sent straight away, but there is a 12 week wait on the T4's so both coming together as I am in no rush for the T2.

Tom is excellent to deal with and will accomodate most reasonable requests.

There was a company in Staffordshire doing synthetic stocks and from what I have been told are well made and not a bad price there web site is

www.staffs-sythetic-stocks.co.uk

telephone-o1782 723 573

hope its some help :lol:

Hi chaps,

an update re-tikka 595 stock, Ronin suggested that i try manners composite stocks and here's the reply.

Hi Kevin,

Yes we do ship to the UK, but as of now we do not inlet for the T595. Shipping to Uk has been running about 3 weeks via USPS, and depending on the model or lead time has been running about 7 to 8 weeks for production.

Thank you,

Thomas Manners

Manners Composite Stocks

1209 Swift

North Kansas City, MO 64116

816-283-3334

816-210-8108

www.mannersstocks.com

Hi Kevin,

Yes we do ship to the UK, but as of now we do not inlet for the T595. Shipping to Uk has been running about 3 weeks via USPS, and depending on the model or lead time has been running about 7 to 8 weeks for production.

Thank you,

www.mannersstocks.com

Now I don't mean to appear rude, but what does that mean? Does it mean he doesn't inlet at all for the T595 or does it mean he needs a few to make up a production run in which case from start of production to deliver UK side is about 11 weeks??

Orka and Johnny,

As I understand things Tom doesn't do the inletting for the 595 But Pete at Roedale does. He is the European Distributor so give him a call - Pete indicated a price to me and I was hoping Santa was going to bring me a T2 inletted for my 595 but he obviously didn't get my letter - boo hoo.

Regards

Pete

It reads that Tom doesn't have a 595 inlet programme for his miller.

He does ship to the UK (if you ask him for an inlett that he does do) and they run at about 3 weeks delivery from shipping (12 week build time)

It was worth a try, I have dealt with Manners several times before, they could not have been more helpful - have to say they are geared up for the US market with regards to inlets, but they are only a small producer when compared to Mcmillan.

Mcmillan do inlet for the 595 - I have a sako Varmint inletted for this action.

You could get a blank stock and inlet yourself if you have a router / milling machine and steady hands :lol: , but its not recommnded....

hi

i second what ronin says tom is a good chap to deal with and he does ship direct to the UK.

i would not recommend digging one out myself or paying someone to do it,as the time spent getting it right would not be worth it.

better find someone that does the lot in house,then if your stock has a mark on it there is only one person to deal with.

plus there is shipping costs and work /time time time best order one direct and make the hole job less complicated.

ATB

Orka and Johnny,

As I understand things Tom doesn't do the inletting for the 595 But Pete at Roedale does. He is the European Distributor so give him a call - Pete indicated a price to me and I was hoping Santa was going to bring me a T2 inletted for my 595 but he obviously didn't get my letter - boo hoo.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Not such a good idea friend!!!

I dont want to start another roedale bashing thread, but having already had work done by roedale,suffice it to say that i will not be spending anymore of my hard earnt in that direction.

nuff said

JTF

FWIW, I went thru all this a couple of years ago for my T595, and came to the conclusion that McMillan was the best alternative, as they had just started to inlet for the 595 action, so thats the way I went. I have to add that the stock has met all my expectations, and at the time I only had to wait 12 weeks for it to be completed, Callum bedded it within 3 weeks to complete the semi custom job on the rifle, so all in all, a satisfactory experience, (if not the cheapest on the block!).

ATB

T260

Archived