Sightron glass

Tuck

Hello all probably heard this a million times by now is the sightron glass as good as a nightforce I'm guessing there's a few people on here that have had both got a baby nf thinking of selling and purchasing a bigger sightron just dont want to be dissapointed!! Any info would be good

Atb rob

I had a Nightforce and now I have a Sightron, the glass is both as good as each other but I would say that the sightron has slightly better glass, this is my personal opinion and my not be everyones choice, and there is also the big price difference to consider. I dont think you would be disappointed in a Sightron.

Cheers, Tony.

In terms of just the glass I've got the 6-24 SIII and think its marginally better than my 8-32 NXS. The build quality of the Sightron is superb but nowhere in the Nightforce league - that's where the extra money goes... The eye relief on the Sightron is good and I don't find it too fussy.

what ret choice did you guy's decide on with your sightrons

cheers jock

unless you want metric, the moa reticle is hard to beat. It has an extremely fine floating dot surrounded by ladder type reticle with stadia that equate to 2moa @24x and 4moa @12x in the 6-24. It seemed cluttered after my Target Dot but is brilliant for calling shots. For example at 24mag, if your shot falls 1.5 stadia to the left that's 3mins so 12 clicks right and you are on. simple!

The glass in my 8-32 target dot has to be seen to be believed.

Compared to the equivalent NF, the image in both 6-24 & 8-32 is slightly higher contrast which makes it appear sharper and right to the edges too. It does however suffer from very minor colour fringeing in bright sunlight on high contrast subjects, like black and white targets. This is me looking with a very critical ex-photographers eyeand is all but undetectable without actually looking for it :)

Money well spent imho.

Rup

thanks for the reply Rup,

i'm thinking of getting a s111 8-32x56, but am undecided between the target dot or the moa.

however after you explaination of using the moa i can now see the benefit for measuring shots

dont think i,ve read a bad post against these scopes :)

cheers jock

i think yooull find that all metric sightron scopes are out of stock at the moment in time if thats any help

thanks for the reply Rup,

i'm thinking of getting a s111 8-32x56, but am undecided between the target dot or the moa.

however after you explaination of using the moa i can now see the benefit for measuring shots

dont think i,ve read a bad post against these scopes :)

cheers jock

Thanks tony do you find eye relief fussy or is it ok

rob

Rob, I have the 8-32 moa reticle scope and dont find the eye relief too fussy,

Tony.

Archived