Lead shot ban

Elwood

Fundamentally, I don't like being bullied by any political intereference but lead shot.

Tennis racquets have moved from willow, cycling now has 700g carbon fibre frames and different wheels for each course but we persist in using a bit of wood, a steel tube and some lead balls to achieve accuracy !!!!.

We drive polluting 2, 3, 4 litre cars, use too much packaging for fresh veg, buy 20 fags for £6.00, spend more on printer catridges than the cost of a new printer but whinge about the cost of cartidges.

The pollution of wetlands and coastal areas is bunkum compared to run off of pollutants from nitrates into the waterways or PCB's from plastic waste.

Defend shooting yes.

Defend the right of choice yes, but get the brainy chaps at McClaren to develop a new substrate.

The sport has to do this and show willing before it is legislated.

Create a practical volume alternative and the cost will fall.

Just my opinion.

I recieved a e-mail reply today from-mr.Chris Beverley assitant to Andrew Brons mp,thanking me for taking time to fill in the lobby form and quote-" future voting would reflect the feelings and thinking of the sporting voters" so someone is taking notice.

well done IAN. :)

received this reply today,

Thank you for emailing me regarding the issue of the European Chemicals Agency’s (ECHA’s) investigation into lead in ammunition.

I, like you, believe that there is a lack of evidence that lead in ammunition has any impact either on human health or to the environment. The UK has a long tradition of recreational shotgun, game, shooting and inland shooting.

I wholeheartedly support your campaign and believe that this current investigation is a threat to our countryside economy. I will do my utmost to prevent any European legislation interfering with our tradition.

Kind regards

Ashley Fox MEP

Archived