UK F class league, Diggle 9th & 10th

Glad you chaps are going to the wetlands....

Failed to get a place for the comp, on the waiting list and will be proper cheesed off if some drop out at the last minute....

Hi All. As per Les Holgate's request, I have purchased 4 camping stoves with spare gas cartridges, 4 kettles and a 25 litre water container for use in the butts for those who want to brew up a cuppa etc. I think that Stuart Anselm will be supplying the t bags / coffee / plastic cups but bring your own if you wish.

I will also be bring my suncream (factor 12 will suffice) just in case.

See you Friday night or Saturday morning and good luck to all those attending.

Les P.

Hi All. As per Les Holgate's request, I have purchased 4 camping stoves with spare gas cartridges, 4 kettles and a 25 litre water container for use in the butts for those who want to brew up a cuppa etc. I think that Stuart Anselm will be supplying the t bags / coffee / plastic cups but bring your own if you wish.

I will also be bring my suncream (factor 12 will suffice) just in case.

See you Friday night or Saturday morning and good luck to all those attending.

Les P.

That sounds like a good idea as I think we've got a long stint in the butts this time.

Cheers and see you there.

Dave

Factor 12 sunscreen sounds a tad optimistic for a UK summer.

Three layer wet weather gear maybe.. :P :P

We were always impressed with the Brits shooting at our Nationals. If it ever got wet, they were more than prepared and made it look easy. Us sugar babies only have to deal with it occasionally.

Chris-NZ

Well what a bitch! Shooting on Saturday was cancelled due to the weather, but there was a definite Dunkirk spirit in the club house, along with a lot bullsh!t :lol:

The conditions on Sunday looked easy, but they were anything but easy. I experienced big elevation changes for the first time at Diggle along with quite a few others, very much like the vertical Blair Athol experiences?

Congratulations must go to Russell Simmonds who shot a blistering 99.7 in FTR.

Yes well done to all the guys who did well.

Personally I think bar the company and the crack it is a weekends shooting I would rather forget!

I took a right hammering with large vertical changes and I just never got to grips with what was going on :wacko::blink:

Never mind there is the long range shoot next at Bisley to look forward to a 5" V bull at 1200 yards :o

Cheers

Dave

Despite the weather on Saturday, I reckon it was one of the most sociable League matches we've had.

Having the tea & coffee in the butts was a great idea - top marks to Les - and his Dad for buying the stuff..

Des, me Holgate's Dad! Come on sunshine, you know I am his SLIGHTLY older brother.

Archived