Trouble .22

Hello all my friend has an anshcutz .22 the little cRbine model he is strugerling to get it to group he cleans with a bore snake that I know could this be the problem or do you think he needs to change ammo?? These little rifles are renown for there accuaracy but at 50yard he is lucky for a 1'' 1/2 group any input would be great

regards Rob

Throw the bore snake away.

.22 bolt action rimfires dont need cleaning for many thousands of rounds. He is removing Lead from the bore everytime he cleans, and its not allowing it to "Lead" up.

I'd be very reluctant to buy any rifle that's been routinely "cleaned" with a Boresnake.

There must be heaps with b*ggered crowns from rough use of these

Chris-NZ

I'd be very reluctant to buy any rifle that's been routinely "cleaned" with a Boresnake.

There must be heaps with b*ggered crowns from rough use of these

Chris-NZ

Hi,

I was on Short Siberia at Bisley a few weeks ago, there was a bunch of old guys shooting a variety of old classic rifles. When they finished they proceeded to drag Boresnakes through at all sorts of angles including one who walked off with rifle while his mate hung on to the Boresnake! Several of them dragged their Boresnakes through the gravel and dust on the firing point while 'cleaning'. Nothing wrong with Boresnakes (of American manufacture) if used intelligently,

Alan

I have no doubt Allan there are some intelligent users of these but I fear they are in the minority.

Half the appeal of Boresnakes is they're sold as a quick and easy one-step fix which we all know ain't true.

Chris-NZ

I have no doubt Allan there are some intelligent users of these but I fear they are in the minority.

Half the appeal of Boresnakes is they're sold as a quick and easy one-step fix which we all know ain't true.

Chris-NZ

Bore snakes are fine but you shouldn't be cleaning a .22LR. Clean the action and chamber but leave the bore alone. They 'season' like a frying pan: clean them and it takes a while to shoot it back in.

The Anschutz name on the barrel is not a guarantee of micro groups. I bought a .22WMR for my daughter and it only shoots ONE brand of ammunition well. (on par with a Marlin or a CZ) The rest don't shoot at all. Keep trying different ammo after the cleaning stops.~Andrew

im a bore snake user and a intelligent one at that!!! lol

I very rarely clean my .22 but when i do it makes a shite of difference if you just pass it through once, its usually when i have dropped in mud or something when out with it. I use it on my .22-250 also and i know this bit will upset alot of people...am i bothered...NO! I also use WD40 and it shoots sub.25 no problems. My father in law has a 20+ yr old ruger .22-250 and that still shoots .25 - .5 inch no probs. this has also just been cleaned with WD40. I like to keep out of the cleaning issues on this forum because honestly its what ever suits you and your rifle.

Happy Cleaning

CZV

Archived