34mm Extra Low Scope Rings

AnthonyR

Trying to find a set of 34mm rings that will put my 5-25x56 PMII right down on the barrel of my Surgeon actioned rifle, but at the moment I can't find a set that are low enough.

I have calculated that a mount heght of 0.83" would be perfect, but the lowest I can find are TPS Super Low at 0.95" but these are for Weaver and also since I swap around a lot between NV and my dayscope I really want picatinny, there are also out of stock everywhere.

There are lots of options around 1.0" high but not much lower, anybody any ideas??

Badger do some low rings, not sure if they are low enough for your requirements.

Try craig at Third Eye, he may be able to make a custom set, hes made custom stuff for me before.

I have a low set of TPS on my BAT with a PM2 on board, the objective with covers sits .230" proud of the barrel, it could do with dropping down .200"

Ive left "as is" coz it shoots so well, but in perfect world, it could do with being lower...

Seekins do a .93 low ring.

I have found them now, thanks.

Unfortunately can't find a UK supplier, it doesn't say on their website but a quick Google would seem to indicate that they don't supply the UK.

Badger rings would be first choice but they are all too high, lowest is 1.0"

Why is nothing ever easy, I always seem to be looking for stuff that either doesn't exist or is extremely rare and hard to get hold of.

Alan Way does seekins. He is on here as Gunsgobang88

I have a set on my PM11.

Thanks for that, not quite as low as I would like but they look like the best option at the moment.

I will send Alan a PM .

Try armolon, they do a range of 34mm rings for picatinny rails

quote name='AnthonyR' timestamp='1336219088' post='122399']

Thanks for that, not quite as low as I would like but they look like the best option at the moment.

I will send Alan a PM .

Have you tried Brugger & Thomet? ... if you email them they'll send you a tech drawing of anything suitable. Got my 30mm lows for my Zeiss 6-24x56 from VIKING (not GMK!) - just remember to order 2 as they come in singles. The underside of the zeiss turret housing would've just fouled the pic rail on my Blaser LRS2 so i was prepared to take a couple of mm off the rail to allow the scope to fit.

They were the best pic mounts I'd found for an accurate tight fit on the pic rail having tried Badgers, ARMS, Nightforce & Burris - recommended to me by a pom(?) in NZ through a US Blaser forum

http://www.bt-ag.ch/en/manufacturing/mountingsystems/optical_sight_rings.php?navanchor=2110046

http://www.bt-ag.ch/en/manufacturing/mountingsystems/optical_sight_rings.php?pid=593

http://www.bt-ag.ch/fpdf/factsheet.php?pid=532

HTH

atb

Fizz

Have you tried Brugger & Thomet? ... if you email them they'll send you a tech drawing of anything suitable. Got my 30mm lows for my Zeiss 6-24x56 from GMK - just remember to order 2 as they come in singles. The underside of the zeiss turret housing would've just fouled the pic rail on my Blaser LRS2 so i was prepared to take a couple of mm off the rail to allow the scope to fit.

They were the best pic mounts I'd found for an accurate tight fit on the pic rail having tried Badgers, ARMS, Nightforce & Burris - recommended to me by a pom(?) in NZ through a US Blaser forum

http://www.bt-ag.ch/en/manufacturing/mountingsystems/optical_sight_rings.php?navanchor=2110046

http://www.bt-ag.ch/en/manufacturing/mountingsystems/optical_sight_rings.php?pid=593

http://www.bt-ag.ch/fpdf/factsheet.php?pid=532

HTH

atb

Fizz

Thanks for that.

I have had a look at the B+G website, the rings look nice but I find the whole thing very confusing, the bottom link comes to a 34mm QD ring but it lists the height as 6.3mm, which doesn't sound right to me. The other pages make no more sense either.

May have to drop them an email.

Hi Anthony,

I hope you're well.

Just had a bit of a dig to see if I could find the drawings that B&T sent through to me, no joy yet although I do have hard copies somewhere.

But I can confirm that the low 30mm mount is 6.3mm high from the top of the pic rail slot to the bottom of the ring itself. The 30mm medium ring height is 15.5mm which is quite a jump

Viking were/are the importers, not GMK (Doh, my mistake).

post-10592-0-51911000-1336834574_thumb.jpg

When I was emailing them I had replies from both of these guys, both helpful

thomas.steffen@brugger-thomet.ch

bruno.oesch@brugger-thomet.ch

Excellent quality rings although they're not cheap, I think I paid around £250 for the pair.

Cheers

Pete

• 1 month later...

Cant seem to get a picture of the Murphy rings - anyone assist?

The blub says specifically made for picatinny rail mount - the next rifle has a FL rail and I want the scope as low as possible to the barrel bore - these could be the answer, so long as theyre not f;ugly...

Forgot about this thread, Fizz I did email B&T but they didn't have anything the right height either appreciate your efforts though.

Those Murphy rings look pretty good, but I am sorted now, went for an 1" high Spuhr pair in the end as every set that was any lower was either out of stock or they wouldn't supply direct from the states. :(

Forgot about this thread, Fizz I did email B&T but they didn't have anything the right height either appreciate your efforts though.

Those Murphy rings look pretty good, but I am sorted now, went for an 1" high Spuhr pair in the end as every set that was any lower was either out of stock or they wouldn't supply direct from the states. :(

My pleasure Anthony, glad to hear you're now sorted.

atb

Fizz B)

murphytitaniumringsandb.jpg

I'm liking them myself. Ronin what rifle are you getting you haven't mentioned. You might have to take into consideration built in elevation?

Thanks Scotch,

the rings look a little "Kelby ish" to me. Also, I was going to use them on a stalker / tactical rifle, and, to be honest, the design looks a little "snaggy" on clothing to me..

What were they going on....

I think, I may have mentioned it a couple of times...one letter is A

Archived