acurracy international 243 cal

onehole

On a visit to Helston gunsmiths today they are displaying two examples of 243 cal accuracy internationals.little used but a few marks here and they are complete with scopes.Scopes are not up to much but hey I think these rifles could be had for around £1500???Give Rommel a ring at Helston on 01326573385 for full info.onehole

Apreciate you have supplied telephone number but could you advise if they are Rem 700's in AICS stock, AI AE or AI AW units?

Ta

Sorry fer delay in replying,they are definately not remmys!!!! you will have to give helston gunsmiths a ring for exact spec,sorry only gave them a quick look,helston have a lot to do with military/police etc and will be well clued up to exact spec----over to you,cheers onehole.

For the second hand money ( £1500 ) i would expect them to be the Mil spec AI AW model because i do beleave the AI AE is not much more than that from new!!!!

Ronin over to you buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

All the best..................

RAY.............................. :ph34r::angry:

Called them today, here's the spec:

Both AI AW's in .243, black non folding stocks, bipod and with Hakko scopes.

Price is £1900 each.

Good for foxing.....provided the barrels aren't shot out.

About right for older AW's and worth that if you wanted a 243, 260, 308 bolt face.

New barrel would be circa £600 from AI - and with the right tools you can fit it yourself :rolleyes:

Guest varmartin

The barrels are probably burned out from Y.T.S Snipers learning to shoot .

Would like to check them over with a bore scope...not that I know what I would be looking for :rolleyes:

Knowing rommel..he has done it already and picked the best one for his own arsenal.

Think I will drop by tomorrow and take a look see.

Martin

If there were any enterprising chaps out there, it may be worth making an offer of circa £1500, getting a 308 cal or 260 Rem barrel and advertising them in the states.

At present there is an 8 month lead time for AI here (its worse over there) and there is a 15% price increase due (in the USA) - so alot of people are looking for 2nd hand AW's.

Had I the cash spare, i'd be seriously looking at one or both of these to do just this ;)

Unfortuantely, I have "other projects" in hand.

£1900 sounds like a stunning buy....even accounting for the fact that the scopes would go straight in the bin! ;)

What's the story on them? -2 identical top-end rifles with identical bottom-end scopes seems a little unusual!

Guest 308Panther

Not really...

See retailers over here doing it too.

They get the rifles in put on a low end scope so the guy can

shoot it right away...and it keeps the price attractive.

Scopes are a personal choice.

Plus if the guy that buys it

feels like he got a really good deal...He will come back to buy the scope of his

choice along with other items...

If the retailer were to put on a high end scope it limits the sale

to a buyer that likes that scope....and can afford the whole package.

308Panther

Panther,

Hmm, I'd tend to disagree. 2 x secondhand AWs in 243 in one place at the same time is unusual enough on its own. To show up with Hakkos (along with the 243 calibre) makes me sniff ex-police rifles originally procured by someone who didn't quite know what they were doing ...but that's a total WAG ;)

Ronin,

155 scenar and 46gr N140 is the magic load. First 3 shot group at 200yds gave 0.18MOA !!

Can't claim to have maintained that standard, but it's done well at all ranges to 1000yds, maintaining performance even in the recent high pressure and very cold weather. Thanks!

Have to agree and asked the very same question - where they came from, was met with "dunno mate" response!

Like I said, had I the expendable's, I would be looking at getting one or both for re-sale via third party (of course condition is everything) but they are cheap!

Glad to hear the load works, seems to be the "majik" mix for all Ai's.

Moved the seating back on mine a bit to 2.180" (base to ogive) now, which is ten thou off lands and getting sub half MOA with "annoying regularity" ;)

Hi Guys thought I would come back on re the AI,s I did speak to Chris Price the proprietor of Helston Gunsmiths and he reckoned they had seen very little use and would have no reason to doubt his word.They may get snapped up quickly but if they are still there when Helston get back back from Xmas break I would be more than pleased to go down and take some measurements as far as distance to lands etc with various heads using a stony point guage and giving you some OAL<s if it is of any use to anyone.I,m no expert but can in addition get a general opinion of the bores and take a close look at crowning etc.even take a few pics???Anyway let me know as I am sure I or Varminter, Varmartin or Silent could have a look at them as well for their assessment.

Bset Wishes anyway and a good opportunity now to wish all of you a Merry Xmas and Happy new year.Look forward to meeting some of you guys out of County maybe next year.Onehole.

Guest northernchris

And what are you trying to say dog??

I told someone about 2 rifles for sale,no big deal.

There are 100,s of peeps that go by that name.

So chill TFO mate.

Guest northernchris

Never thought of that :lol:

ds1 posted the info,i mean F**K me it wouldnt be hard to find out who the "scottish lad" was now would it.

Its just got to be "milspec" my darling or its junk ;)

Chris

believe it or not there are some serving forces lads and LEO's on here and other shooting sites. Identity is a personal and private thing.

If the buyer wants anonimity I see no reason to advertise their name - just as some of us prefer to use psudonyms - we have our reasons.

I also know this individual and have discussed with him and others at length about pictures and names going on the internet (private sites or public they are relatively easy to extract info from if you know how)

Ive changed my own username here and on other sites for reasons that will be painfully obvious soon...

I'll remove the scottish lads name as i'm sure he wouldn't want it on here - i'm sure you understand.

The shooting world is a very small place :lol:

Archived