Mcmillan A5

tony

For those of you that have the A5 stock without the adjustable cheak piece. Do you find the stock high enough for your needs or do you wish that you had originally ordered it with an adjustable piece.

For those of you that have the A5 stock without the adjustable cheak piece. Do you find the stock high enough for your needs or do you wish that you had originally ordered it with an adjustable piece.

Mine is adjustable and I know for sure I could not do without that feature.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a fixed stock if you get it done could you post a pick so I could have a look, as I would be intrested also.

Have the adjustable cheek-piece on my A5 but never bothered to use it - probably because it's the only one of my rifles with an adjustable cheek-piece.

Vince

Vince, I assume that you don't use the cheek piece as you are a target shooter?

A cheek weld pressure can influence the ride of a rifle on bags. I attended a fly shoot a couple of years ago to see some TRG users shooting with the cheek piece removed free recoil.

I must say the "free recoil" technique made me wince....

Vince, I assume that you don't use the cheek piece as you are a target shooter?

A cheek weld pressure can influence the ride of a rifle on bags. I attended a fly shoot a couple of years ago to see some TRG users shooting with the cheek piece removed free recoil.

I must say the "free recoil" technique made me wince....

Absolutely - if you shoot off-hand then a good cheek-weld is essential but my A5 tactical rifle is always shot off a bi-pod with the butt usually resting on my clenched fist.

Vince

I have to have the adjustment on my a5 fully down!

I'll not bother on the next one!

Depends on ur face I guess

Cheers Andy

I must have a baby-face as mine has to be almost fully extended for me to get a good sight-picture in the scopes (Mostly 5-25x56 S&B PM11s with rings set to just clear the barrel!!!

If I don't have a decent cheek-weld I wander all over the place.

Archived