pvs14

bouncer

As a spotter no real it is needed but i use it for eye shine and to see in shadowed areas. On a scope then yes it needed I have shot with out it on a full moon but it's still nice. As for distance spotting with a 3x lense a man size target can be spotted pretty much like daylight but bunnies out to about 200 yards depending on light conditions a d the surface they are on shooting on a scope with ir out past 250 probably more in the right conditions

As a spotter no real it is needed but i use it for eye shine and to see in shadowed areas. On a scope then yes it needed I have shot with out it on a full moon but it's still nice. As for distance spotting with a 3x lense a man size target can be spotted pretty much like daylight but bunnies out to about 200 yards depending on light conditions a d the surface they are on shooting on a scope with ir out past 250 probably more in the right conditions

i have looked through a longbow,would you say the pvs14 is as good or better than it on the back of a scope.i asked about the ir because we was out the other night with a friend and we saw a fox and he seen the ir and he ran off so i was hoping i could shoot foxes without ir.trouble is i have never seen through a pvs14 so i wouldn't know what they are like.(would like to see through one thou)cheers.

I would rate the 14 as on of the best NV units I have ever looked through ,alot depends on the scope you put it on .The fox should not be able to see the IR .was it a IR iluminater or a IR filter on a normal lamp

Mick

Your best bet is to look thought one an as many other units as possible where ate you based I'm shore theres someone near you who could help you out. As for the longbow I've never used one so can't comment but the 14 kicks the archers ass lol

I would rate the 14 as on of the best NV units I have ever looked through ,alot depends on the scope you put it on .The fox should not be able to see the IR .was it a IR iluminater or a IR filter on a normal lamp

Mick

it was the n1000 laser illuminator,i have noticed it a few times with foxes and rabbits when you put the illuminator on them they look at it then move off.

Your best bet is to look thought one an as many other units as possible where ate you based I'm shore theres someone near you who could help you out. As for the longbow I've never used one so can't comment but the 14 kicks the archers ass lol

i based in south wales,i don't know anyone with a 14.so if anyone in south wales got a 14 could you let me have a look through it thanks.

it was the n1000 laser illuminator,i have noticed it a few times with foxes and rabbits when you put the illuminator on them they look at it then move off.

Hi, the n1000 is not a covert ir, the n2000 is just been looking into them as thinking of getting one myself.

The N2000 is also not covert, better than the N1000 but you still see a red glow, i am gonna be trying a new filter this week, i will post the results hope this one is covert as it's a true 850nm.

The N2000 is also not covert, better than the N1000 but you still see a red glow, i am gonna be trying a new filter this week, i will post the results hope this one is covert as it's a true 850nm.

Hi camo, what does the filter fit? A lamp? I have a filter on the striker lamp some foxes notice it some don't but usually it's to late for them. They could defo see the one built onto the side of the n550. Let me know how you get on please. Looking for a covert ir laser for spotting. Cheers Simon

Thats a 1600 FOMER better off with a MX11769 US one

I’m not sure what the US export restrictions are for various tubes, so I couldn’t comment. I’m no expert.

The only experience I have with NV is with the stuff issued. The early stuff was pants, the next Gen was a bit better. The last lot of Gen 3 was very usable but does have limits. I personally like the white phosphor tubes, …by far the best picture.

The trouble we have is that every man and his dog is knocking these things out in their garages or back room and getting what you think you are buying is harder by the day.

ATB

If you want to know what tube is in, unscrew ya rear lens and read the tube numbers simple

The tube designation you mentioned was in both the Omni IV and Omni V units. The Omni V was very advanced.

Simply disassembling the unit might not be a good idea, especially if it voids a warranty.

I think I should clarify my original intention. The question was “where can I buy one in the UK?” I posted a link in response. I was not suggesting that xyz was better or worse than abc.

ATB

A simple reply, if you buy off one of the guys in the UK ask them what tube is in the unit. As for were no doute the pm's are flooding in ;)

The MX11769 comes in various guises. I thought the export models are 1400 and 1600 FOM. The US restricts the very best.

Are you saying that you have the restricted model Gen 3 units?

ATB

The MX11769 comes in various guises. I thought the export models are 1400 and 1600 FOM. The US restricts the very best.

Are you saying that you have the restricted model Gen 3 units?

ATB

On a open forum? i have a pvs like many guys over in the UK

On a open forum? i have a pvs like many guys over in the UK

Ok I think we are getting our wires crossed.

I know there are units floating about that have a questionable history. With the outbreak of peace in various hot places, it’s amazing how much stuff gets misplaced.

I was asking if you supplied these units through a legitimate outlet. Even a US export tube seems hard to come by.

FWIW I have rung the number on the link I posted and they are not US tubes.

ATB

Ok I think we are getting our wires crossed.

I know there are units floating about that have a questionable history. With the outbreak of peace in various hot places, it's amazing how much stuff gets misplaced.

I was asking if you supplied these units through a legitimate outlet. Even a US export tube seems hard to come by. You won't export US Gen3 end of

FWIW I have rung the number on the link I posted and they are not US tubes.

ATB

If he wants one with warranty then he is better going for a 1600 FOM tube

Archived