Stock options

tony

I am thinking of changing my stock for a tactical type stock as I want to shoot more F class, the rifle I have is a Tikka595 in 22/250 ack I will also have it rebarreled, not yet decided on the calibre, I would like to know what stock options there are available for this rifle.....other than Mcmillan

Thanks, Tony.

Grodas laminate are an option I would consider for the Tikka, also Manners composite.

I am thinking of changing my stock for a tactical type stock as I want to shoot more F class, the rifle I have is a Tikka595 in 22/250 ack I will also have it rebarreled, not yet decided on the calibre, I would like to know what stock options there are available for this rifle.....other than Mcmillan

Thanks, Tony.

Tony,

If you are looking to shoot F Class, you need a stock with a flat underside to the butt to 'ride' the back bag. Tactical stocks like the AI are poor in this respect but the McMillan A5 is a good tactical stock that will work with a back bag.

Cheers

Vince

Tony,

If you are looking to shoot F Class, you need a stock with a flat underside to the butt to 'ride' the back bag. Tactical stocks like the AI are poor in this respect but the McMillan A5 is a good tactical stock that will work with a back bag.

Cheers

Vince

The AI and AICS and even the new AX stocks do have a poor underside design if you want to shoot it off a larger bag and it is very easy to get smacked on the back of the left hand by the dropped section just behind the thumb hole, the solution is easy enough though, add a bag rider. This one is for the T3 but demonstrates the principle.

BR_T3.jpg

Very nice stocks you have there Fergal, it would be difficult to choose one as they are all a thing of beauty.

Grodas laminate are an option I would consider for the Tikka, also Manners composite.

Hi Andy, Where can I view these, are there any suppliers in the UK for these stocks.

I've not handled the Grodas stock but I've got a KKC for a T3 which is very similar and it is superb. I would recommend a Manners but unfortunately they do not offer a standard inlet for the 595, however I know that you can adapt Rem 700 inlet but I believe its a fair bit of work.

Met a chap at Diggle this weekend who is a forum member, he is making laminate stocks.

Trades under the name Joe West Riflestocks, the samples I saw were very well made from US sourced laminate, im pretty sure Sako and Tikka inletts were being considered.

Worth thinking about.

Archived