Hardox Targets review required

Thinking about buying a couple or 10 of the plates from site sponsor http://brucehutton.webs.com/apps/webstore

Any users got long term abuse review on these yet?

Hi Dave,

I have had a 200mm plate for about 5-6 months and it has had a lot of rounds thrown at it, mainly 7.62 FMJ military stuff and thus far it has no signs of wear whatsoever. They are an excellent product and I would have no hesitation in recommending them. Also the service from Bruce and Tracy is first class.

Regards,

Nick

i bought a couple of the stands with the 100mm and 200mm targets, one is mine and hasnt seen much use because my stock is away being duracoated but the other has seen quite a lot of action on the range at Highclere in hampshire, positive reports all round. even the stalker there is managing to hit the thing at extended ranges

Thinking about buying a couple or 10 of the plates from site sponsor http://brucehutton.webs.com/apps/webstore

I have a 200mil from Bruce, has had some serious use, been out long range shooting this morning with Onelesscharlie put another 200 rounds in to it no problems at all. .223 and .243, will be buying some more next visit to Llandrindod Wells.

The half size fox is worth a look. !

I am the chap responsible for getting Bruce into the target making and I have to say I havent heard a bad word said about him or his product.

Bruce Potts has reviewed his targets for Gunmart and threw everything from 220 swift to 475hh at them with no failures.

regards

Onelesscharlie

I have a couple of questions if i may, Firstly are these safe to shoot at with a 223 from 100 - 300 yards without causing richochets or the bullets passing through them, Secondly how and what paint do you have to use to re-coat them ?

I have a couple of questions if i may, Firstly are these safe to shoot at with a 223 from 100 - 300 yards without causing richochets or the bullets passing through them, Secondly how and what paint do you have to use to re-coat them ?

Hi

The gongs and discs are designed to be allowed to swing under impact thus theoretically always deflecting the defeated round downwards. As for the animal silhouettes I would suggest that there is always going to be the possibility of ricochet, however it is up to you to reduce that risk as far as possible by setting the targets at a suitable angle to your firing point.

As for rounds going through.... the whole point of this type of steel is that they dont penetrate.

As for paint you can spray them with pretty much whatever you want.

regards

Onelesscharlie

Hi

We use 6mm hardox plate at work for lining rock crushers ,I took a 14 inch plate to use as a zeroing target and a gong at 300m the 190smk were doing serious damage the first round went straight through the plate so I would suggest checking the plate thickness and also the caliber being used to avoid distroying the target.

ATB

Hi

We use 6mm hardox plate at work for lining rock crushers ,I took a 14 inch plate to use as a zeroing target and a gong at 300m the 190smk were doing serious damage the first round went straight through the plate so I would suggest checking the plate thickness and also the caliber being used to avoid distroying the target.

ATB

Hi

The targets are of 10mm thickness, been tested by Bruce Potts, the test review will be in the Gunmart mag over the next two months not sure which one, look out for it.

Out of interest what crushers have 6mm liners in them?

Ok thanks for that im very interested in these and will keep a eye out for the gunmart review. Can they do square ones say 5"x5" with this steel?

Ok thanks for that im very interested in these and will keep a eye out for the gunmart review. Can they do square ones say 5"x5" with this steel?

Hi

Bruce will cut you almost any shape you want.. give him or Tracy a ring, they are nice people.

regards

Colin

Bruce

We use the steel to patch or line the hoppers , the crushers are Norburg and Pegson .

I would think the 10mm would be the ideal thickness the problem is the wieght x the distance you would like to hike up the bloody hill to place the gong .

ATB

Archived