I fought the lathe

Wsm

Farmer my way lost an arm at the shoulder when trying to clear some string from a turning drive shaft on a muck spreader, raggy cuff on his jacket and it was all over Red Rover.

At a firm I used to work at they had two nasty acidents

on a hot day mid summer one lad tried to cool in meat and two veg down by sticking a unlit burning gear torch into his overall pocket and blasting his nads with 100% pure oxigen ,Not that bad you might think until the bloke in the next bay sparks up a stick welder .In a flash his meat and two got flash fried and shrink wraped in his nylon pants.

And the second one was one of the directors came down into the works noticed a large build up of swarf one one of the band saws ,put his gloves on "to be safe " and grabed the swarf .The saw pulled in his glove his right thumb and 1 and 1/2 fingers .it would have had his hand if he had not fallen on the stop button .

Aggy

Gases are very dodgy oxygen being a bad example, nearly as bad as hydrogen with a flammable limit from 4 - 76 %.

Acetylene is particularly bad and the fire service have some nice pictures of incidents with these.

Common all garden compressed air has accounted for many Darwin awards.

Archived