RCO Training

DaveT

I am in the market to be trained as an RCO..... any views on who does it best / cheapest / fastest?

I am an NRA and BASC member.

Hi Dave,

Either the military, the NRA or someone appointed by the NRA. I know that the NRA hold regional courses around the UK as well as at Bisley, check their website for dates. 'Bolt on' qualifications such as sporting rifle and black powder are delegated to clubs such as the BSRC and MLAGB,

Cheers

Alan

Hi Dave,

Either the military, the NRA or someone appointed by the NRA. I know that the NRA hold regional courses around the UK as well as at Bisley, check their website for dates. 'Bolt on' qualifications such as sporting rifle and black powder are delegated to clubs such as the BSRC and MLAGB,

Cheers

Alan

Thanks Alan

Dave,

Don't know if you're military, but if you are and have range management qualifications, the NRA will qualify you directly as a simple paperwork exercise.

BD - Unfortunately I am not so I need to go through the 'mill'.

Hi,

We (the OSM Shooting Club) used to run 'regional' courses at Bisley with the assistance of qualified NRA staff and at a saving on what the NRA charged. Phylis Farnan put a stop to it claiming that there was more than enough capacity on the NRA courses to satisfy demand. One of our members then applied to go on a RCO's course and was told that they were fully booked for several months, go figure!

Alan

Hi,

We (the OSM Shooting Club) used to run 'regional' courses at Bisley with the assistance of qualified NRA staff and at a saving on what the NRA charged. Phylis Farnan put a stop to it claiming that there was more than enough capacity on the NRA courses to satisfy demand. One of our members then applied to go on a RCO's course and was told that they were fully booked for several months, go figure!

Alan

Hmmmm...Sounds like this could be one of those 'pushing string uphill' activities...I did email NRA about course availability & cost but got no reply!.... I will call them tomorrow.

Hmmmm...Sounds like this could be one of those 'pushing string uphill' activities...I did email NRA about course availability & cost but got no reply!.... I will call them tomorrow.

Hi Dave,

Stick with it! Phylis Farnan is one of the staff being made redundant, notorious for not responding to enquiries. It took me 18 months of trying to get on an Instructor's course and due to the failure to respond I now have to wait one year to take the Coaches course. I suggest you 'phone and keep 'phoning until you get a response,

Regards

Alan

Maureen Peach at the NRA is the RCO organiser, there is a course on the 24/25 March at Bisley.

Currently the courses are being subsidised by Sport England and only cost £45.

I have the forms on email if you pm me your address I'll pass them on.

Alan

Maureen Peach at the NRA is the RCO organiser, there is a course on the 24/25 March at Bisley.

Currently the courses are being subsidised by Sport England and only cost £45.

I have the forms on email if you pm me your address I'll pass them on.

Alan

Alan...have PM'd you. I am out of the country on the March dates but hopefully there will be repeats soon after?

Archived