customT3 stock ideas please

jimmy milnes

They were very badly packed Andy. Subsequently, they all banged together, and various parts on every stock were damaged. Roger had to take them all apart, and make up good stocks from the bits. I,m slowly using up the damaged ones by duracoating them.

Upon informing the shipper and manufacturer, no one wants to accept responsibility, and e-mails are no longer answered.

Well that blows wad! I'd imagine the import/export fees and such have each side in an awkward position. From what I gather, XLR is a relatively new business, so they may have gotten into something they diidn't understand when shipping stuff over to the UK. They have nothing but positive feedback on this side of the pond, so it makes one wonder, eh?

It sure does Marine.

I know kyle has a good reputation in the US, which is why i cannot understand the cold shoulder to Roger.

I also cannot see why the shipper, would re-pack all the component parts, again, into sub standard packing to ship to the UK. That doesn,t make sense, and the shipper agreed.

Some asshole decided to play ball with the boxes. All but a few of the buffer tubes were so badly damaged they had to be scrapped. There are gouges in the cheekpieces you could park a car in, and basically some of them want refinishing completely.

Its treatment like this that spurs us guys on over here to continue our own parts/stocks production.

It sure does Marine.

I know kyle has a good reputation in the US, which is why i cannot understand the cold shoulder to Roger.

I also cannot see why the shipper, would re-pack all the component parts, again, into sub standard packing to ship to the UK. That doesn,t make sense, and the shipper agreed.

Some asshole decided to play ball with the boxes. All but a few of the buffer tubes were so badly damaged they had to be scrapped. There are gouges in the cheekpieces you could park a car in, and basically some of them want refinishing completely.

Its treatment like this that spurs us guys on over here to continue our own parts/stocks production.

Baldie,

Perhaps there is a resolution available, based on your comments(?). It might be worth exploring a licensed production business case, whereby the damages can be assessed against that licensing fee and a UK manufacturer could be put into place to make them locally. Tack on a small fee ($20 per stock?) that is paid to Kyle for the use of his AutoCAD drawings? Then, the UK folks have direct access to a local manufacturer, and Kyle still makes a little cash flow (based on a relatively small market) from use of his design, without any work on his part.

Just a thought...

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

I appreciate that this is quite an old thread but I am currently researching whether it would be viable to take on a dealership for Whiskey-3 stocks in the UK. Is there real interest out there? Fixed whiskey-3 chassis would be about £750. Bloody VAT.

Any thoughts?

Best

Wil

There is already a UK agent in the shape of CPG design Wil.

From my experience of Tikka T3 custom parts and supply, the UK market is not big.

Looks a nice stock though.

As per Justin from KRG:

It just so happens that we're talking with someone right now. If all else fails we've got stocks headed to Italy right now and France shortly, with .gov blessing anyway. Do we have your email? We'll be putting out a newsletter with all the new export info shortly. Thanks,

Justin

• 10 months later...

Manners is the way to go, excellent stock for the T3

grs do a tikka inlet ,this ones mine on a remy 700 bedded by baldie its a great stock a bit heavy though,only thing id change is the fore end could be a bit longer as when on my shoulder it aways tries to roll off because of the long barrel and mod other wise its great

My favourite is the McMillan A3-5 for the tikka. Its a fairly dainty barrelled action, and i personally find the manners too bulky/heavy.

Got a whiskey 3 coming for a tikka at some point too.

Here's a .260 T3 I just did for my son with a PSE kevlar/carbon stock and NZ-made Hardy can. Bolt fluted for effect :P The stock is very light but super stiff and it comes up great with your eye right down the scope.

T3-1_zps20519a73.jpg

First 5-shot group was 10mm so happy enough there.

Chris-NZ

Minkstone ive just got the thumbhole for my tikka still needs bedding yet which i will let baldie sort should of done while home but didn't have time.

DSC00045_zps9c987e3d.jpg

And very very nice too Micky!

Regards,

Here's a .260 T3 I just did for my son with a PSE kevlar/carbon stock and NZ-made Hardy can. Bolt fluted for effect :P The stock is very light but super stiff and it comes up great with your eye right down the scope.

[img=http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm343/Chris-NZ/T3-1_zps20519a73.jpg]

First 5-shot group was 10mm so happy enough there.

Chris-NZ

Thats the kind of thing im talking about chris

Regards

Jimmy

Archived