Hello, this is an Norwegian invasion

Gitchen

Hello everybody, i'm a friend of SpuD's and he told me to join here, so i did, my name is Jonas and im from Norway im 23 years old and i'm fairly new to hunting and shooting, actually so new that i don't have a rifle yet, ( if my gun from the army doesn't count thou ( HK416) i have have 2 shotguns

a weatherby PA-08 just for the fun of shooting, and a Lanber Gyttorp for hunting (Grouse Hare other small animals) but im going big and have been invited to Bear hunting, its not set yet, but im hoping it will be okey, since im in Norway you would need to have a license to do that. so spud made an forum post the other day asking what caliber to choose, problem is, I know im going for .308

and i woant buy a 300 win mag just for maybe one hunting trip, and .308 is more then enough to hunt moose, so what rifle would you recommend? I was thinking about remington spud said no. so i asked about weaterby spud said no, so Sako or Tikka? is the way to go, but whats your own opinion? my budget is about 1000 pounds for rifle and stock im thinking the GRS stock on a weatherby rifle it fits my budget it aint the best i know, but for a starting rifle for a young man it will do the job for some years (then move on) and a scope for about 1000 pounds.. well enough with my blabber, happy to be here, cuz i know SpuD has allot of knowledge and you all combined would probably help me from doing something ill regret in the future, ill have a million questions gonna take it slow, read alot ask alot, and someday maybe I can give other people tips as well, u do need to start somewhere, we have all been in my boots :) cheers

ive added a photo of me on a hunting trip don't know why, but why not i thought :)post-11173-0-32809700-1328651679_thumb.jpg

Velkommen Gitchen til englands beste forum for rifle brukere.

Welcome Gitch to the Forum hope you enjoy your stay, Have a look around, if you have any questions just ask.

hi jonas,

there are more experienced on here than myself on this subject but what i can say is i have a rem 700 and a t3, the rem is 22/250 cal and the t3 is 25/06 cal and for me its the t3 every time it just feels right, they are both standard rifles but the t3 feels better made and the bolt feels smoother on the cycle, i cant stand the loading and unloading of the rem, i know that you can have them made to fit a conventional mag style load/unload but thats a cost on top of the rifle. both shoot very well so no diference there but as said before its the tikka for me. let me put it this way if someone offer me money for the rem they would be shown it, but if someone offered me money on the tikka they would be shown the door.

take your time choosing a rifle i know ive given my opinion of the two but heed me not as thats me and not you, try many types/makes hold them and shoot them, then stop go away and think, then decide on which one you want to buy

all the best happy shooting

jimmy

Velkommen Gitchen. Dette er et godt forum, og jeg er sikker på at du vil finne svar for mange spørsmål her. Jeg hadde en Sako.243, og det var bra, men min Remington VS i.308 var alltid min gode å gå rifle. Jeg solgte sako da det virket meningsløst det bare lørdag i skapet som jeg var alltid plukke opp Remy først. Feste en rifle basix utløser på det, og anstendig monteringer, og du bør være i orden. VS aksjen er en vinner, men hvis du går billigere som i SPS så du ville nød å finne kostnaden for å erstatte aksjen som disse er søppel.

ATB

Velkommen Gitchen. Dette er et godt forum, og jeg er sikker på at du vil finne svar for mange spørsmål her. Jeg hadde en Sako.243, og det var bra, men min Remington VS i.308 var alltid min gode å gå rifle. Jeg solgte sako da det virket meningsløst det bare lørdag i skapet som jeg var alltid plukke opp Remy først. Feste en rifle basix utløser på det, og anstendig monteringer, og du bør være i orden. VS aksjen er en vinner, men hvis du går billigere som i SPS så du ville nød å finne kostnaden for å erstatte aksjen som disse er søppel.

ATB

Nice en takk eldon

Jeg har vært i Norge et par ganger. Kjørte min MG Midget opp så langt Narvik når jeg er ferdig Sandhurst, så dro tilbake et år eller to senere å gjøre et fjell leder kurset. Likte det mye, men ølet prisene var gal.

Velkommen!

(Jeg innrømmer, jeg måtte bruke Google oversette til å delta i samtalen!)

Jeg har vært i Norge et par ganger. Kjørte min MG Midget opp så langt Narvik når jeg er ferdig Sandhurst, så dro tilbake et år eller to senere å gjøre et fjell leder kurset. Likte det mye, men ølet prisene var gal.

Velkommen!

(Jeg innrømmer, jeg måtte bruke Google oversette til å delta i samtalen!)

olll a

Hello and thanks for the warm welcome, and its hilarious watching you guys fail at Google translate...

min kamel består av tre rumpeballer Translates, My camel consist of 3 ass cheeks..... dont mind sticking to English i have no trouble with it, some words ofc but still :)

I might be able to get my hands on a Mauser dont know the caliber, but its left from my grandfather. he had one when he was shooting seals in the arctics.

yeah i have heard about that Remingtons don't feed properly and yes i would go for the sps but i guess not from what i hear :)

ill start looking on some Tikkas then, havent realy looked at them, but from what i hear i realy should do that,

any other things i should take in my calculations? any scopes i should take a look at ?

have looked at this one Carl Zeiss Zeiss Classic Diavari 2,5-10x50

dont really know alot about scopes, but this is alittle under 600 pounds in Norway and from what i have seen its a fairly popular model where i live :)

Hei Jonas, velkommen til forumet! Hadde jeg vært deg så hadde jeg tatt en titt på en T3 riflepakke med best mulig kikkert fra XXL, Jakt og Friluft eller lignende butikker. Hadde også kanskje gått for 30-06 siden T3'en kommer bare med lang låskasse. Zeissen du nevnte er et knallkikkert men spiser kraftig inn på budsjettet ditt. Med mindre du vet at du skal jakte mye skumring/kveld så kommer du langt med Leupold,Nikon eller Meopta.

MVH Toby

Archived