10-50x60 Sightron?

Elwood

http://aimfieldsports.com/epages/www_aimfieldsports_com.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/www_aimfieldsports_com/Products/SIIISS10-50x60LRIRMOA

I'm looking for a multi purpose scope for long range target work and also sporting use, the NF NXS 8-32x56 and NP 2DD is my first choice but I'm not paying £1700 for one, and finding one second hand isn't going to be easy.

I don't particularly like the illumination on the ocular lens of the Sightron and I hate the 1-8 settings even more, I think the system on the Nightforce is spot on, set it up once and be done with it.

The 10 power isn't perfect either but at the moment I'm using a NF 12-40x56 so I could probably live with that.

But has anyone viewed one? I would interested in opinions on the reticle.

http://aimfieldsports.com/epages/www_aimfieldsports_com.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/www_aimfieldsports_com/Products/SIIISS10-50x60LRIRMOA

I'm looking for a multi purpose scope for long range target work and also sporting use, the NF NXS 8-32x56 and NP 2DD is my first choice but I'm not paying £1700 for one, and finding one second hand isn't going to be easy.

I don't particularly like the illumination on the ocular lens of the Sightron and I hate the 1-8 settings even more, I think the system on the Nightforce is spot on, set it up once and be done with it.

The 10 power isn't perfect either but at the moment I'm using a NF 12-40x56 so I could probably live with that.

But has anyone viewed one? I would interested in opinions on the reticle.

Have a look HERE Ian, they seem to have some decent prices. The NF BR models are good value and well worth a look they are every bit as good if not better than the NXS and they are a fair bit cheaper. My next NF will be a BR model.

Now there's a good idea, side illumination, well done Khales.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/

Problem with that is the paralax is on the elevation turret. Thats a mistake waiting to happen.

Just out of interest what do you use illumination for on a scope that big? I would have though they were pretty poor in low light?

Have a look HERE Ian, they seem to have some decent prices. The NF BR models are good value and well worth a look they are every bit as good if not better than the NXS and they are a fair bit cheaper. My next NF will be a BR model.

Thanks for the heads up Andy I thought I was on to a winner for a minute.

NXS 8-32x56 with NP-R11 £1165 and the same scope with the NP2DD reticle £1445, doesn't make sense to me?

If it was an out and out target scope I would consider the BR model, although I'm not a huge fan of 1/8 adjustments.

Just out of interest what do you use illumination for on a scope that big? I would have though they were pretty poor in low light?

You need the illumination to see the fine (target) reticle in poor light.

Would I be right in saying that the field of view on the BR models would be much smaller than the NSX models which could be an issue for foxing.

Would I be right in saying that the field of view on the BR models would be much smaller than the NSX models which could be an issue for foxing.

Not at all i use both types of nf scope and theres no issue with sight picture/field of view.i did have sightron 8-32-56 on my 6br for foxing but the non illumunation was a pain the target dot dissapeared when lining up charlie no problems in day light nf scopes give you the best of both worlds day time target work and night time lamp work.

i got 1 ian they are verry good scopes track realy well and are great value for money ,but my nightforce was a little more clearer to see the miradge when its running appart from that their worth the money ,i got 1 on my shehane this year you can look through it when i next see you at diggle

i got 1 ian they are verry good scopes track realy well and are great value for money ,but my nightforce was a little more clearer to see the miradge when its running appart from that their worth the money ,i got 1 on my shehane this year you can look through it when i next see you at diggle

Hi Grant, you have the 10-50x60?

If so how do find the reticle and over all build quality?

yes - 10-50x60 build is verry good ,i got the verry fine crosshair with 1/16 dot ,i like the reticle

the clicks arent as possitive as nighforce but still good just take a little time getting used to ,its not the same quality as a nighforce but thier isnt much in it and at half the price its a steal

i will have it at diggle as the short range shoot your more than welcome to have a look through it

yes - 10-50x60 build is verry good ,i got the verry fine crosshair with 1/16 dot ,i like the reticle

the clicks arent as possitive as nighforce but still good just take a little time getting used to ,its not the same quality as a nighforce but thier isnt much in it and at half the price its a steal

i will have it at diggle as the short range shoot your more than welcome to have a look through it

You're a star.

• 3 months later...

Be a little wary, i believe they are a little bit tight for long range elevation. There is certainly a lot less than the 8-32 S3.

yes the 10-50 has only 50MOA elevation, I managed to get 45 MOA of usable from my 100 yd zero by using a 20MOA rail which just got me to 1200 with my 308. I've put it on my 284 now.

IIRC the 8-32 has 75moa

Alan

I need another scope and im toying with a Sightron 8-32 but im finding spending money difficult as im getting very short arms for my pockets these days. The sightrons offer you a hell of a lot for your money and I will either buy one or go without as nothing else tempts me to spend.

Archived