Manners TF-1/4 folding stock

ChrisF

Forgive my ignorance but what is the point of a folding stock? I can see it's use for military use rifle being shorter easier to carry / store etc but can't see how it would benefit civilians?

Andy

Forgive my ignorance but what is the point of a folding stock? I can see it's use for military use rifle being shorter easier to carry / store etc but can't see how it would benefit civilians?

Andy

umm, shorter easier to carry / store etc :)

The main benefit is shortening the lenght for easier transport , and it is more useful than you think .

I have a very small car , and having a folding stock on my AI AW , means I can put it in the car on the back seat , ie east west , rather than North-south if that makes sense .

The other use which is very handy and often , over looked , is when you want to either remove the bolt or clean the rifle bore , simple & quick with a folder , less so with almost everything else , as in most , you need to remove or lower the cheekrest to gain access to the bolt/bore etc .

So to me , not useless , at all .

Later Chris

P.S. I like the look , and it brings something to the table the others donot , all others are pistol grip or thumbhole designs , this is a more traditional/conventional type of stock .

I would also look at McMillan doing the same , as last SHOT they also had a similar looking stock design on display .

The main benefit is shortening the lenght for easier transport , and it is more useful than you think .

I have a very small car , and having a folding stock on my AI AW , means I can put it in the car on the back seat , ie east west , rather than North-south if that makes sense .

The other use which is very handy and often , over looked , is when you want to either remove the bolt or clean the rifle bore , simple & quick with a folder , less so with almost everything else , as in most , you need to remove or lower the cheekrest to gain access to the bolt/bore etc .

So to me , not useless , at all .

Later Chris

Good point Chris didn't think of the making it easier to clean aspect.

Yeap , easy to forget about bolt removal or cleaning .

If you ever use the rifle in comps or controlled shoots , you will get real sick of lowering or removong the cheek rest ever time , just to remove the bolt for the RCO/RO etc , I know my Sako TRG-22 is a bit of a pain , and its only one bolt to remove the cheekrest .

Later Chris

• 2 months later...

Roger at South Yorks Shooting Suppliers is the UK importer, 99% sure he hasn't got any of the folders in though. If you want one you'll need to go through him, Manners won't ship direct to individuals overseas anymore.

Archived