Basc vs sacs

dannywayoflife

Hi guys,

It's my basc renewal time but the renewal is £66! The same as my last years membership I was atleast hoping for a small reduction in price.

This has prompted me to look for another organisation. I have stumbled on sacs they seem to offer all the benefits of basc but for £30! I've nothing against basc but I'm stuck on ssp thanks to my recent hip surgery and every penny counts!

Are any of you guys members sacs and are they any good?

Thanks Danny

Hi guys,

It's my basc renewal time but the renewal is £66! The same as my last years membership I was atleast hoping for a small reduction in price.

This has prompted me to look for another organisation. I have stumbled on sacs they seem to offer all the benefits of basc but for £30! I've nothing against basc but I'm stuck on ssp thanks to my recent hip surgery and every penny counts!

Are any of you guys members sacs and are they any good?

Thanks Danny

Im not a member but i know of a few mates that are and so far ive heard good things about SACS..i may also join them when my BASC runs out..im also with NGO..very cheap

I'm an NGO member, but will join SACS instead this time. I wouldn't join BASC if it was a straight choice between joining them and joining a marching band. And I hate marching bands.

Thanks for the replies. My only concern with joining sacs is that will they fight your corner in the same way that basc will? I'm going to put in for a one for one variation to get a slot for a rifle I'm buying and my force (Sussex) has already told me before I've even put it in it will be a minimum of 16 weeks plus! I don't want to keep the vendor waiting tgat long and don't think that's acceptable service would this be something sacs would help with?

Thanks for the replies. My only concern with joining sacs is that will they fight your corner in the same way that basc will? I'm going to put in for a one for one variation to get a slot for a rifle I'm buying and my force (Sussex) has already told me before I've even put it in it will be a minimum of 16 weeks plus! I don't want to keep the vendor waiting tgat long and don't think that's acceptable service would this be something sacs would help with?

I can't answer you there. If that's how long the police say it will take, I doubt any shooting organisation will be able to help you.

But if you think BASC is some kind of all singing, all dancing, super assisting fighting force, then think again.

My only concern with joining sacs is that will they fight your corner in the same way that basc will?

I was with BASC for many years and when i wanted help...i had to join NGO who did help but i still didnt get the outcome i wanted..even though NGO were very helpful as for BASC i couldnt even get a letter of them waste of money i say...unless its for there gains.

I was with SACs and had no problems. Contacted the main man on a couple of occasions and always had a good informative response. I am due to renew this and would definetly not give BASC my money. They do cover all the british isles not just scotland as that was one of the first questions I asked :rolleyes:

Archived