Anti-cant bubbles

I use the USoptics foldaway version ..... it works very well and can be mounted anywhere you can see it with the non-sighting eye BUT it is silly money ...... the B-square is FAR cheaper but is always sticking out and liable to be caught / damaged... you pays your money etc!!!

I like the look of that design. Can you see the level when your cheek is on the stock?

How much and where did you get it from?

Thanks,

Si

Why not get it direct from Darrell Holland? Sixty bucks, not sure if he will ship to UK these days but he used to ship foreign, got a Jewell trigger from him when I was in Canada, good guy. Check his site and ask him. Actually I recall Darrell signed up here, haven't seen any posts from him for a while though.

Tony

Why not get it direct from Darrell Holland? Sixty bucks, not sure if he will ship to UK these days but he used to ship foreign, got a Jewell trigger from him when I was in Canada, good guy. Check his site and ask him. Actually I recall Darrell signed up here, haven't seen any posts from him for a while though.

Tony

Interesting. Thanks.

I have just ordered a stock from darrell holland and he will not ship theese to the uk.I had to get it sent to a u.s adress.Check out the scope levels that sportsmatch do there a bit more reasonably priced.Also a company called rowan engineering make them i think.

ATB SEAN

The B Square bubble is good enough for the job @£12 off the bay. IMO

Just remember to put a touch of super glue under the plastic bubble optic 'cos it's not held in that good.

Sako 75 in .308 with Burris xtreme picatinny rail, Burris xtreme mounts, Bushnell 3200 6-24x50 scope

Intimberstock03.jpg

Guest richness

Fascinating, this.

Si nagged me into getting one and I did agree that it's couldn't harm...Well, what an eye opener. I used the bubble on the rail to true the rifle and a plumb line hanging from a tree to do the scope crosshairs. Well! It turns out I hold the rifle off to the left (into my cheek) enough to put the bubble almost all the way over. The crosshair was pretty good but certainly needed a nudge.

So if you're thinking "maybe" then I respectfully suggest you "just do it" if you shoot past about 500y regularly.

Richard

Hi guys

Which do you guys recommend? I have looked at the B-Square and expensive US optics versions on-line. I want one that can be viewed when I'm looking through the scope in the firing position preferably.

Many thanks,

Si

Si,

I've just come across these people - www.21stcenturyshooting.com They have some interesting products including a very neat scope level,

Cheers

Alan

I use an Accuracy International supplied anti-cant device that clamps around the tube and it has never let me down, interestingly I was shooting next to my son at the weekend, he uses a B Square and I noticed the bubble was missing, this seems to be quite a common occurrence and it is worth adding some epoxy to make sure they are secure, also check that they are true and level to the rail as they can be out slightly.

I ended up making my own for my F Class rifle and found a reasonable bubble on a well known auction site that had a very fine line on it so I can ensure as precise a reading as possible.

If anyone was wanting one of those Holland levels it might be worth a chat with Andrew at Riflecraft. He and Darrel are/were good friends and as a result he might be able to arrange for a few to be shipped to the UK.....

Just a thought

Mark

Guest richness

I use an Accuracy International supplied anti-cant device that clamps around the tube and it has never let me down, interestingly I was shooting next to my son at the weekend, he uses a B Square and I noticed the bubble was missing, this seems to be quite a common occurrence and it is worth adding some epoxy to make sure they are secure, also check that they are true and level to the rail as they can be out slightly.

I ended up making my own for my F Class rifle and found a reasonable bubble on a well known auction site that had a very fine line on it so I can ensure as precise a reading as possible.

Shooting next to your son - days i look forward to mate :)

Shooting next to your son - days i look forward to mate :)

It used to be a pleasure to shoot pistol with him, he was probably only 15-16 at the time, these days he gets on well with longs as well, must be his young eyes.:angry:

• 1 month later...
Guest richness

I unexpectedly received for Xmas a Vortex 35mm bubble (for my IOR 9-36) off my midwayuk wishlist and whilst it is much more expensive than the B-square, I do prefer it. It is more luminous, the bubble is more sensitive, it doesn't stick out of the side of the rifle etc. The B-square is great VFM but i am even happier with the Vortex FWIW

• 4 weeks later...

Si,

I've just come across these people - www.21stcenturyshooting.com They have some interesting products including a very neat scope level,

Cheers

Alan

I have just received a couple of these from 21stcentury. Nice quality and arrived in 4 days.

http://www.21stcenturyshooting.com/Scope_Level.php

Quote- Shooting next to your son - days i look forward to mate

Ah but Richness that means everything including your bullets cost twice as much :lol: :lol:

Guest richness

Quote- Shooting next to your son - days i look forward to mate

Ah but Richness that means everything including your bullets cost twice as much :lol: :lol:

D'OH! :(

• 3 weeks later...

I have just received a couple of these from 21stcentury. Nice quality and arrived in 4 days.

http://www.21stcenturyshooting.com/Scope_Level.php

How much was it all in mate due to import etc... i have never bough tanything directly from the states. lol im scared. :wacko:

Archived