Sling recommendation

Hi,

Im just doing a bit of googling at the moment for a sling for my rifles.

Its not really going to be slung over my shoulder but im after one for stability in different shooting positions like standing or kneeling etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations or favourites that they use or have seen?

Regards

Garry

Hi,

Im just doing a bit of googling at the moment for a sling for my rifles.

Its not really going to be slung over my shoulder but im after one for stability in different shooting positions like standing or kneeling etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations or favourites that they use or have seen?

Regards

Garry

Hi Garry. I hardly ever use my Uncle Mike's Mountain Sling since I shoot prone off the bipod, and carry a rifle either in one hand or resting across my shoulder, but this is a very neat, lightweight sling in black nylon with rubberised anti-slip patches and Q/R connectors.

Regards, Tony

I use a Turner National Match All weather sling on my S&L, mostly because I swapped it for a box of .224's which seemed like a bargain. It is an odd choice for a hunting rifle however the 1907 is a sling type I know. They are made out of Biothane, are totally waterproof and Turners say they feel like a well worn in leather sling, I am inclined to agree as well.

Gary,

Have a look at the TAB sling with the buckle in it, can be used like a single point once split or as a nornal long sling once back together so adaptable for most positions and your style of shooting.

Re. Uncle Mikes - personally since they shut down in the US and now make it all in China I do not buy their kit.

Brgds Terry

Thanks for taking the time to reply folks,

Its more along the lines of Terry's suggestion with the TAB sling.

I think sporting services do a similar sling, may be an accuracy international or a niggleogh or something but its £60 something quid.

Might bite the bullet and go for it as it looks like what im after.

Regards

Garry

Thanks for taking the time to reply folks,

Its more along the lines of Terry's suggestion with the TAB sling.

I think sporting services do a similar sling, may be an accuracy international or a niggleogh or something but its £60 something quid.

Might bite the bullet and go for it as it looks like what im after.

Regards

Garry

Garry,

I have one made for me by a Cz equipment manufacturer a while back. It's got the HK / AI sling hooks at either end. One hook is slightly damaged but fully functional.

This has reminded me to sell it, as I no longer have an AW. I'd be after £28 posted.

DSC05564internet.jpg

I'll take some more detailed pics to put up :lol: (I'll put them up in the for sale section shortly, but you can have first dibs)

Garry,

I have one made for me by a Cz equipment manufacturer a while back. It's got the HK / AI sling hooks at either end. One hook is slightly damaged but fully functional.

This has reminded me to sell it, as I no longer have an AW. I'd be after £28 posted.

DSC05564internet.jpg

I'll take some more detailed pics to put up :lol: (I'll put them up in the for sale section shortly, but you can have first dibs)

Thanks BD, though I should have specified that im after a sling that will fit standard sling swivel studs.

Although One of my rifles has an AI stock (my 6.5x47) im still not sure wether I want to keep it or not.

If I can manage to get it restocked into an A5 or something similar I will as all my other rifles are rpa's and have the interceptor stock which I get on very very well with so it has to be standard sling hook configuration.

Terry, just checked sporting services website and it is the TAB gear one they stock, though it looks to be AI configuration with the hooks, might give them a ring monday to see if they can sell it to fit the standard studs.

Garry

• 3 weeks later...

For a sling used to carry the rifle the best I find are those made of plaited leather strips. They dont slip off the shoulder and last for ever. I have had 2 for about 35 years, used on all sorts of things, still perfectly good.

A

one of the best slings I've ever come across and have now for all my rifles is the padded Uncle Mike's one.

IMG_0408.jpg

(here it is on my 7x57)

I have had them in every sort of condition, they are comfortable, fully adjustable and seem to withstand any kind of weather. I don't know whether they still make them...Steve Jones (Trent Firearms) had a few on the shelf last time I was there.

Finman

Archived