Help - comments please?

terryh

Gents,

I've never use NV on any form of rifle but have found one of these at work, which I can basically keep as we no longer use them: http://www.nightvisiongear.co.uk/Night-Vision-Goggles-Monocular-Binocular-NVM14.htm

Are they any good? It is only the monocular, no additional IR or laser etc. for distance.

If i wanted to sort it for use on a 22LR for rabbits what would be required to enable this. Realistic useful distance?

Brgds Terry

Terry, I can absolutely guarantee that you will need a illuminator to use the unit to its full potential, unless of course it's a full moon.

I can't speak about the unit itself as I have never looked through one, but I will take a guess that with a decent iluminator 200 yards should be achieved easily, and recognition to about 300 yards possibly more.

Make sure your scope has side parallax.

Gents,

I've never use NV on any form of rifle but have found one of these at work, which I can basically keep as we no longer use them: http://www.nightvisiongear.co.uk/Night-Vision-Goggles-Monocular-Binocular-NVM14.htm

Are they any good? It is only the monocular, no additional IR or laser etc. for distance.

If i wanted to sort it for use on a 22LR for rabbits what would be required to enable this. Realistic useful distance?

Brgds Terry

Stop wasting time typing; and go and find another :lol:

Gents,

Brgds Terry

Terry-if you dont want it let me know i know someone who may buy it.

Gents,

Brgds Terry

Terry all you need is a DSA and N1000AP, what scope are you using you want side px

Camo,

Found the N1110AP, not much info on mounting though?

But the DSA = Driving Standards Authority etc. :huh:

Help me out here please?

As to a scope, I've not sorted this bit out yet as I was treating it as a chicken and egg thing - sort out the NV bit then decide on a suitable scope for 22LR/Bunny ops.

Terry

Sorry think you want the cobra DSA bout £90 N1000ap off Clive nvscopes, and for scopes i use the old mini swat NON ir ret with side px very good but hard to find, there is a standard one on the airgun bbs the same as mine but a tad longer

Gents,

Thank you for the input and comments.

Having now looked at what's on offer re. the DSA I think I can handle getting one made in amongst other 'projects'.

Seems like a lot of different 'illuminators' on the market, need to eye ball a few of these as a lot 'look' the same but probably in the hand vary in quality, originally I was only looking to fit this to a 22LR for rabbits but as the potential is in the 100's of yards as opposed to 10's then I might look at a better illuminator, only problem I see is how close you need to put my eye to the NV unit :huh:

I'll ask round locally to see if i can borrow an illumiator and try it with the scopes I have on hand to get a feel of things, see if the lower end scopes on my air rifles work etc.

Brgds Terry

A good scope is something like the AGS SWAT 4-16x56

Side parallax is a must have feature. There used to be a list on the BBS of scopes that people had tried and found acceptable for use with an add-on. Expensive models usually fail due to their expensive lens coatings.

If yu are using the unit on a .22LR then recoil wont be a problem so you can snug your eye up to the rubber eye cup on the monocular. If mounting on a CF rifle 'snipers eye' can become an issue!

Have a browse in the NV section on the BBS there are several good people on there who will be able to help.

Depending on what tube you have in your add-on you may get away with a LED illuminator rather than a laser

Mark

Archived