Valkyrie .260

This looks like the Hulk....without the denims.... :lol:

This is the latest in a line of rifles built for a member here, who is a very good customer. Never moans, never rushes you, and doesn,t pester your bloody life out with slack questions. :lol:

I think he may be an apprentice yorkshireman , because he keeps having .260,s built....because he wont spend on new dies..... :lol:

Anyway, here is the gun.

Its a Valkyrie repeater action with a .20 moa rail.

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

Barrel is a truflite, and fluted here, finished at 30" [ i think] and a heavy varmint profile.

IMG_0968.jpg

Barrel is screwcut 5/8" x 18 tpi with a spigot for the ASE utra mod, and invisible thread cap

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

Stock is a McMillan A5 fitted with my bottom metal to take AICS mags. Stock is pillar and Devcon bedded.

IMG_0970.jpg

The barrelled action is in Olive Drab Duracoat and the trigger unit is a jewell.

Hope you like it Dave, and thanks for allowing me to share the pics before you get your hands on it !

Dave

Just seen it and quivering already!

Bloody BEAUTIFUL and just what I had in mind.... and its mine!!!!!

Or will be when PLOD get my FAC renewal back to me in the post!

Brilliant job... can't thank you enough AGAIN!

Its only my 3rd 260 but , you are right .... it does save on dies!

Cheers

DaveT

Fantastic job Dave. It kills me seeing these gorgeous rifles knowing that I just can't afford getting the VSSF down to you, however, 1st step is underway at the end of the month with the variation for a 260.

I picked this up from Dave today..... even better in the flesh!

My thanks to Dave for spending a good couple of hours with me on related reloading matters and for generally being a bloody good bloke (and gunsmith!)

I have GOT to stay away from there as its like letting a kid loose in a candy shop and I just want to order something else each time I visit.... having seen and handled his mean-looking AR10 it could be something along those lines next!

Archived