Scope help.

Nelly

More info :

Scope make = Zeiss Conquest 6-20x50 (a cracker by the way)

Mounts = Not certain.

Scope height = Low, (not certain how to measure this..)

Calibre = .308

Rounds = Lapua brass, 45 gn Varget and Lapua Scenar 155 gn.

Hope that helps.

20 moa rail ? Ignorant about them, any help ?

Thanks,Nelly

you need to mount scope as low as you can near the barrel without it touching barrel then measure barrel dia near the scope using vernier gauge divide by 2 this gives you the bore centre do the same with scope dia divide by 2 this gives you the centre of scope add the two sums together then add the gap between top of barrel and bottom of scope this then gives you total reading from centre of barrel to centre of scope a 20moa rail is a tapered rail which fits on top of action and then scope fits on top of rail it then gives you as it says another 20moa so if you where getting 35moa you would now get 55 moa hope this makes sence to you all the best Barry

More info :

Scope make = Zeiss Conquest 6-20x50 (a cracker by the way)

Mounts = Not certain.

Scope height = Low, (not certain how to measure this..)

Calibre = .308

Rounds = Lapua brass, 45 gn Varget and Lapua Scenar 155 gn.

Hope that helps.

20 moa rail ? Ignorant about them, any help ?

Thanks,Nelly

You should be fine with a conquest on a 308 at 500yds.

What rifle is it? What bases? what Rings? (I'm afraid you'll have to find out if you want this diagnosed on the web :) )

try fitting a 20moa rail see if that helps

It should probably fix the problem but it's very weird that you should be having that limitation.

I take it they're a matching sets of rings??

Chris-NZ

Welcome to my world.

I had the same problem with my SAKO 75 this is what I did:

Bought a new scope tried it and nope! that didn't do it

new 20 MOA rail [the cost of which I reckon it was machined from black gold ingot!!]

New Rings [To accomodate new scope]

Went to have the rail fitted [by Neil] and aswell as, decided to:

Fit new barrel by Neil

New bolt knob by Neil

have it all Duracoated By Baldie

New sound mod from Neil

Result, Me and the McQueens crew were hitting V bulls at 500 so might reach out and touch the 1000 this sat if the missus will let me

Get a rail, just google picatinney rails and you'll find all you need to know. Shimming or taking 20 thou of your rings in my opinion was a non starter.

Good luck and let us know how you fair.

The Conquest only has 45MoA vertical adjustment, i.e. +- 22.5, and that's what the spec says, an individual scope could be less, especially if the windage is not centered. This should get you to 500yd with a 308, which I think should only require about 15MoA. Of course if you have used up a few MoA getting to zero at 100yd you are bottoming out easily at 500.

If it were me I'd first try reversing the scope mounts (swapping them front to back) in case one is higher than the other, unlikely but you never know and it's free! I'd use a laser boresight or similar to see if this has worked without having to go and shoot.

Assuming that didnt work I'd get some Burris Signature rings http://www.burrisoptics.com/sigrings.html , they have offset inserts so you can align the scope with the barrel using the mounts, cost a lot less than a rail and they are good rings.

quite often hammered barrels and even some custom barrels can have a slight swoop in them, so depending if the barrel is swooping up or down, left or right, the gun may have excessive windage or elevation problems. as above, burris signature offset rings and or a rail with 20MOA or more will help.

Lee

Archived