.204 cooper

Hiya guys,

Im thinking on getting a copper hambered in .204, what is your veiws on cooper, and what do people who have thm think of them?

Thanks for you help guys

Steve.

gary w on here has a couple and really rate's them. give fox firearms a ring .you never know he may have one there for sale. what might have been ordered in and then sale fell through ?

Thanks for that mate, yes I have spoken to foxfire, he has two in witch i might get, just dont know much about them, i have heared that they are very good and very acurate?

Any further help/advise would be great guys

Thanks again matey

Steve.

Steve,

I ran a Cooper in 20Tac a good few years ago before the 204 came out (and personnaly I'd still go for the 20Tac over a 204 - but that's me).

For a 'factory' rifle they are very good, the trigger is nice and adjustable. You'll need to do a 'proper' bedding job on it, the factory effort, while better than nothing, is not great and can vary from rifle to rifle.

For the money nice rifle, the varmint with the Buick vents is pretty :wub: .

they are quick slim so putting a big scope on them makes the package look a bit top heavy.T

Terry

Thanks again for your help lads, appreciate your help,

Carnt be many people with coopers dudgeing by the number of replies :rolleyes:

Thanks to those who did :)

Steve,

One of my mates use have one and the weight and build and handling was superb bit pricey but he loved it and if i had the money at time he had to sell i would of bought it...he regrets selling but had to due to personal reasons...but yes very nice rifle and very very accurate.

Mick

STEVE- i had 2 coopers one in6br the mod22 varminter timber stock these are the plain jane line in coopers but you can get some nice timber on them the gun was/is very accurate i swapped it with jordang off here for a sako6ppc only because i was after a 6ppc.

i still have a 17fireball on a 38action with the pheonix stock this is a topdrawer rifle is very accurate and nice to handle they make a very balanced rifle .as for calibre i would [if after one ]go for a 20tact[which i have owned] or the 20 vartarg in a cooper BRIAN FOX sorted both rifles for me and i will be going with him again in a year or two.

they really are a good buy for the workmanship and accuracy you wont be dissapointed.

Hi Steve

I have a cooper model 38 action and as everyone says they are a very nice rifle exelent trigger and very accurate, in fact it came with a test target and load data wich i have used since i had it (five years). About 12-14 months ago i damaged the extractor claw on the bolt phoned importer and ordered a new one, still waiting. Sent email and Phoned cooper very nice lady answered phone but unfortunatley she said bolt components are covered by the new regulations and they would send me one but i would need export paperwork. As i shoot quite alot of rabbits its a real pain knocking the case out with a cleaning rod altho i am quite a dab hand at it now. Personaly i would look for a second hand donor rifle or action have it rebarreled and maybe a trick paint job on the stock and bedded and it would probably be similar money.

Hi Steve

I have a cooper model 38 action and as everyone says they are a very nice rifle exelent trigger and very accurate, in fact it came with a test target and load data wich i have used since i had it (five years). About 12-14 months ago i damaged the extractor claw on the bolt phoned importer and ordered a new one, still waiting. Sent email and Phoned cooper very nice lady answered phone but unfortunatley she said bolt components are covered by the new regulations and they would send me one but i would need export paperwork. As i shoot quite alot of rabbits its a real pain knocking the case out with a cleaning rod altho i am quite a dab hand at it now. Personaly i would look for a second hand donor rifle or action have it rebarreled and maybe a trick paint job on the stock and bedded and it would probably be similar money.

Surprised Brian Fox has not been able to sort this, he has an excellent reputation for customer service. I am aware of a riflesmith that could probably make you one if it comes to it. He would need the rifle, based in Cambs.

A

Hello A

Gave up on it after 12 months to be honest with you as it was obviously going nowhere, which is a pity because it is a nice rifle. Have had the bolt to a very good gunsmith who dressed it up and made it alot better, but have taken my own advice and have a new one (second hand waiting on a new barrel). But many thanks for your offer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello A

Gave up on it after 12 months to be honest with you as it was obviously going nowhere, which is a pity because it is a nice rifle. Have had the bolt to a very good gunsmith who dressed it up and made it alot better, but have taken my own advice and have a new one (second hand waiting on a new barrel). But many thanks for your offer.

I would take that up with Cooper and see if where the hold up is.

A

• 4 weeks later...

Archived