Imperial McQueens Today

Yup, as I said, the PC one. :blink:

Just read this was Dave's 4th and 5th go ever. Think this was my 9th and 10th go ever.

Think you fellows asking about targetry are Mcqueens and Bisley regulars with many many more Imperial and Phoenix goes under your belts?

I'm puzzled by the confusion :wacko: ...and John, you seem to have very effectively answered your own question :lol:

:)

Anyway; it was a bloomin fun day out; and -for me- what a way for a brand new set-up to perform - I'm still beaming :)

Hopefully I will have a chance with my 50 10v and tie break shoot of 50 9v as I had entered the target rifle class.

I shot it with my .308 match rifle and I think the inner circle was the v bull not the broken line 1" circle as Ian says I think this is a tie breaker?.

Cheers

Dave

I hope so Dave :)

(but remember, with that tank barrel you only shot it at 299yds :lol: )

I hope so Dave :)

(but remember, with that tank barrel you only shot it at 299yds :lol: )

As some say size doesn't matter :lol: but a 34" Krieger barrel certainly has and advantage at getting you closer to the target ;)

Cheers

Dave

Yup, as I said, the PC one. :blink:

Just read this was Dave's 4th and 5th go ever. Think this was my 9th and 10th go ever.

Think you fellows asking about targetry are Mcqueens and Bisley regulars with many many more Imperial and Phoenix goes under your belts?

I'm puzzled by the confusion :wacko: ...and John, you seem to have very effectively answered your own question :lol:

Anyway; it was a bloomin fun day out; and -for me- what a way for a brand new set-up to perform - I'm still beaming :)

I,ve only ever shot on short siberia at 200 yards Matt....many, many times admittedly, but i,ve never had the pleasure of shooting it at 300 yards at Bisley, so hence, had no idea how it was scored....just very curious thats all. I wish they would put it on at the gallery meetings too. I already visit 4 times for gallery, twice for shotgun, and once for CSR a year, and at over 200 miles away, i couldn,t justify another visit just for a day,s mcqueens this year [ only just back from CSR ! :lol: ]

Maybe next year. :)

Good shooting chaps, however it was scored, and i hope you figure in the medals. :)

Matt

I probably have answered my own question, I like Baldie have shot McQueens on Short Siberia using the PC Target and scoring Vs with the 25mm circle. The last time I shot McQueens at 300 yards was quite a while ago and that was on the correct Fig 14, I mistakenly assumed that it was shot on 14s during the Imperial (The Imperial CSR Matches were shot on the correct Non-PC Fig 11, 12, 12c and Fig 14 targets) hence the confusion. Still a good score though so well done.

If anyone fancies shooting at a Fig 14 out to 600 yards see the thread in the Tactical Comps section, only 20 places left.

Regards

John MH

Alles Klar Dave & John,

I think, having now tried it at 300yd, that 200yd may actually be the harder comp - I know that's

counter to the thinking of many; but there's more angular movement of the rifle required at 200 and you're going for a half MOA V.

I'd love to have a go at 300 across 2 castles simultaneously.

I didn't think I'd mentioned it :lol: :lol:

I wonder how many people have shot 50 10V at the Phoenix and 50 10V at the Imperial?

B)

:lol:

Hi,

Just wanted to say it was a pleasure meeting everyone at Bisley yesterday and putting faces to names. Congratulations on some excellent shooting, missed you at lunch,

Best regards

Alan

Hi,

Just wanted to say it was a pleasure meeting everyone at Bisley yesterday and putting faces to names. Congratulations on some excellent shooting, missed you at lunch,

Best regards

Alan

Alan,

Thanks and ditto. Sorry about lunch - we were firmly in disarray (I say 'we' but it was 'me' :lol: ) and ended up just having time to grab a burger at Jenny's -thanks for the offer though; next time :)

ATB

Matt

Archived