How many here belong to the VHA?

TonyH

I know there are other UK varminters who belong to The Varmint Hunter's Association (SD, USA) but I never knew the numbers; there are a few here, I suspect. I've done a couple of features for the magazine (which is always a great read, loads of solidly useful and interesting stuff) and they finally published my latest in the new issue, got mine today. It's a selective account of the varminting trip I did two years ago to Ontario, with my son, meeting up with my friend Henrik who's Canadian Co-ordinator for the VHA - read it on p152.

For anyone keen on varmint hunting in traditional style as developed in the USA for (principally) prairie dogs and groundhogs (aka woodchucks), membership of the VHA is good value for the magazine alone - 4-5 issues a year and there's a lot of content - at $54 for one year in the UK. Some day I'll make it to the annual Jamboree, at the club's HQ in Pierre, S.Dakota; this year it was cancelled, for the first time ever, owing to the serious flooding they've had (it's on the R.Missouri) with consequent disruption, great shame. I'm hoping to return to Ontario next year, zap some more groundhogs, best shooting I've ever had.

Tony

visit the VHA website here.

I know there are other UK varminters who belong to The Varmint Hunter's Association (SD, USA) but I never knew the numbers; there are a few here, I suspect. I've done a couple of features for the magazine (which is always a great read, loads of solidly useful and interesting stuff) and they finally published my latest in the new issue, got mine today. It's a selective account of the varminting trip I did two years ago to Ontario, with my son, meeting up with my friend Henrik who's Canadian Co-ordinator for the VHA - read it on p152.

For anyone keen on varmint hunting in traditional style as developed in the USA for (principally) prairie dogs and groundhogs (aka woodchucks), membership of the VHA is good value for the magazine alone - 4-5 issues a year and there's a lot of content - at $54 for one year in the UK. Some day I'll make it to the annual Jamboree, at the club's HQ in Pierre, S.Dakota; this year it was cancelled, for the first time ever, owing to the serious flooding they've had (it's on the R.Missouri) with consequent disruption, great shame. I'm hoping to return to Ontario next year, zap some more groundhogs, best shooting I've ever had.

Tony

visit the VHA website here.

Yup members for a few years

Subscribes to their magazine

And been to their jamboree 02 years ago

Magazine subscription is cheap as chips if you buy the on-line version......thanks for the nod... I'll just go and see if it's posted.

If you're not a subscriber it'll let you read several pages before it needs a password. Lol! Nope, you can't have mine! :lol:

ATB

FBW

Been a member for 5-6 years now, had a couple of pictures published. Excellent read, informative and entertaining. Too much 'yote hunting of late, but worth the sub over the trash we are offered here and with a lot more money than what they ask...

best wishes,

Finman

Thanks Tony you've just bought a smile to my ugly mug, knowing that the latest issue is about to drop through my door.

Been a member about 12-13 years, love the technical/cartridge articles. Have also seen a few of our fellow members adourning their pages. Looking forward to reading your article Tony.

Agree with you Finman re. the coyote articles.

Still got a couple of duplicate issues, if someone fancies a read and pays the P&P (Not sure what issue numbers)

Steve

Seems there are indeed a few other VHA members scattered round the UK - nice to hear from you, chaps. Just got back from a bit of modest rimfire varmint hunting, zapped another half-dozen rabbits including two at 70-80 yards with holdover from a 50-yard zero, dusk setting fast, couldn't see all that clearly but got a solid Thwack! and located the bodies. Had re-zeroed earlier with a different 'scope, found to my surprise that Winchester s/s HP does in fact shoot rather well in my rifle. Lost one of my 10/22 mags in the field, dammit...

If it turns out there are enough VHA members within striking distance of one another, maybe a get-together would be possible...?

Tony

Hi,

Just out of interest has anyone had their new issue drop through the letter box yet, Just checking they do seem to go missing every now and then and had to chase a second copy.

Dogfox1

Hi,

Just out of interest has anyone had their new issue drop through the letter box yet, Just checking they do seem to go missing every now and then and had to chase a second copy.

Dogfox1

I'm in the same position as you DF, rang last Thursday and they said the deadline for delivery was the 15th, so they were putting another copy in the post to me the next day.

ATB

Steve

Archived