Diggle Egg Shoot

Guys,

Unfortunately, we have had to pull the plug on our proposed 1000 yard/£1000 Egg Shoot. Unfortunately, we could not get enough entries to make it viable.

I thank all those who did register and I would invite you to our 'normal' 500 yard Egg Shoot on the same Bank Holiday Monday, May 30th.

My apologies but I look forward to meeting a few of you on Bank Holiday Monday.

Vince

Guys,

Unfortunately, we have had to pull the plug on our proposed 1000 yard/£1000 Egg Shoot. Unfortunately, we could not get enough entries to make it viable.

I thank all those who did register and I would invite you to our 'normal' 500 yard Egg Shoot on the same Bank Holiday Monday, May 30th.

My apologies but I look forward to meeting a few of you on Bank Holiday Monday.

Vince

That's a shame Vince and I'm suprised you couldn't get enough entries for this 'one off' shoot.

It's a shame there hasn't been enough interest. Would it not be possible to run the 1000yd event but with the usual £100 prize money if that is the reason it is being cancelled?

Either way I enjoy the egg shoot and shall still be attending.

Rich

We thought that the £1000 prize would atract a good turn-out but seemingly not. We will probably get near to 50 for our normal Egg Shoot so maybe it was just the wrong event.

Personally, I would have loved to have attempted it and I'm certain someone would have got lucky and walked off with the money but there can only be one winner and maybe most thought that there just wouldn't be enough shooting to give up a weekend.

Vince

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Vince,

I will be there for the egg shoot,,

but cannot do the 600 aswell, my back would not hold up for two days shooting??.

just doing some reloads ready for monday, and will sight my rifle in on the weekend??.

Should be good to go!!!!

All the best , Darrel ;)

What time is kick off on monday Vince?

May I just say 'thanks' to the thirty shooters who turned out in appalling weather to shoot an egg at Diggle!

It rained all day but we were able to shoot each stage (100, 300 & 600 yards) under cover so no one got too wet. Yes, it should be 500 yds but we voted to stay dry and shoot it at 600 yards under cover.

Congrats to Bruce Lenton (6BR Winchester) who won the Groundhog match and to Richard Hattersley - the only egg breaker - he is now £100 better off.

We had some great three-shot groups: At 100 yards, a 0.165 incher from Trevor Collins shooting an ex-Malcom Cooper 308 3P rifle. At 300 yards, a 0.599 incher from Darren Grundle shooting a 6BR and at 600 yards, a 0.871 incher from Steve Lewis shooting a 6XC.

Our resident pro photographer Steve Thornton shot everyone and we will publish a picture gallery very soon. Full write-up in July's Target Shooter.

Incidentally, Target Shooter is now available (from June 1st) as an app - from iTunes.

Cheers

Vince

Thanks for organising the day Vince.

Decent turn out despite the weather and some very good shooting.

Very enjoyable day :)

See everyone for the Fly....

Thanks to you Vince, another good day despite the weather, well done Bruce, great score,impressed with the thumb print paint on that Winchester :)

Thanks for that :)

Cheers Vince for organising a great shoot, I will definately be coming again next year.

Thanks for organising the shoot Vince and to everyone else there, It's always a good atmosphere at the egg shoot. As always it was a great day even though the weather tried to spoil it. Hitting the egg made my day even though I think there was a lot of luck involved.

I'll be back next year to try and improve my score ( :rolleyes: ) as well as hit the egg and hopefully I'll be able to make the fly shoot for the first time this year.

Cheers,

Rich

Archived