Illuminated reticle?

6.5shooter

I have been considering a new lamping scope and it has been narrowed to a swarovski z6.

The decision now I am facing is should I go for the z6i which has an illuminated reticle or the standard z6?

Doesnt sound much of a decision but at the extra price it really is quite a big decision.

Just wondering if you fellas think its much benifit and if you use youre illuminated reticles much for lamping?

Thoughts appreciated

Garry

I have been considering a new lamping scope and it has been narrowed to a swarovski z6.

The decision now I am facing is should I go for the z6i which has an illuminated reticle or the standard z6?

Doesnt sound much of a decision but at the extra price it really is quite a big decision.

Just wondering if you fellas think its much benifit and if you use youre illuminated reticles much for lamping?

Thoughts appreciated

Garry

Garry,

I'd go for the illuminated version, I find it much easier to place on your target especially when lamping and you want to keep your fox / rabbit at the very edge of the beam.

Not got a swaro but I'm sure you should be able to adjust the brightness of the reticle, you will need to set it fairly dim so you don't get any flair back as some illuminated reticles can be too bright.

Andy

Andy,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Still sitting on the fence as there is so much in the price its hard to know wether its worth while or not.

At the same time I dont want to buy the non illuminated version and then regret it and wish I had of went for the illuminated one.

Decisions ....

I'd definately go for the IR....I have purchased non IR scopes in the past and sold them for scopes with IR......never looked back......The way I see it is, its there if you need it and you will find you do use it to good effect ;)

Tony.

The Z6i has the 3 way switch: Night/Off/Day and you can adjust the brightness using the +/- buttons on top of the eyepiece - the 'scope remembers these settings when it's turned off.

IR is definitely an advantage at last light when you can make out the fox but not the reticle against the dark background and when you've got the lamp turned down low.

atb

Fizz

I rarely use the illuminated even with the rimfire for rabbits and that is on a bushnell with the firefly reticule.

I am just about to buy a new scope and the illuminated option does tempt for those shots at near dusk, but on the high end scope the option seems so expensive.

Thanks for all the replies!

I think id be better going for the illuminated ret even though it is a bit more expensive.

At least I will have it if need be. The reticle im after is fairly fine and the illuminated version just has a dot that lights up in the middle so it would be good for getting on target quickly.

Just need to save up a bit longer now :)

Garry

Archived