Swarovski or Zeiss

madmanx

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest they're both great quality glass.

The only difference is that the back up service from Swarovski is far superior to Zeiss

I think it may be just the odd bad report on behalf of Zeiss because I had perfect service from them.But as you say I don't think glass wise there is any difference in them.

I have both a Schmidt and Bender (Zenith, 2.5-10x50) and a Zeiss (Victory T* 2.5-10x50). They are both excellent. I have a preference for the S+B but there isn't much in it. They are both better than the 8x56 Swarovski I had prior to buying them two.

my 2p

Finman

Got a big Swaro and two small old model Ziess's. Ziess are far better in low light. I would not buy another Swaro and may sell the one I have next year. Never had a problem with any of mine so cannot speak for back up etc.

A

• 1 month later...

Exactly the opposite here in Norway, everyone raves about Zeiss' customer service whilst Swarowski, at least in the past was not so good. I have 2 Zeiss and 2 S&B, no Swarowski's so far although the 3-9x36 and 3-10x42 where on my shortlist for a while. That shop in Tain renowned for good service normally has good prices on Swaro's and Kahles.

Archived