stainless tumbling media

I've just received my brand new machine from these http://www.stainlesstumblingmedia.com/ in the states 5 days from delivery to my door. Has anybody got any exsperience or tips with these please before i start tumbling. If not i'll report back any way also doing a youtubey on it as well.

Spud

Use a pH neutral WUL, a teaspoon of Lemi Shine and fill with hot water from the kettle to within 2" of full. Give it a run for about 2 hours and you should find your cases clean inside and out. The odd pin that bridges in a case mouth or primer pocket needs to be picked out and ditched not put back in the pot. Make sure you dry the cases quickly after you've thoroughly rinsed them in hot water, I use my wife's hair dryer, the primer flash holes do retain drops of water so make sure the have a chance to dry out in an airing cupboard or on a radiator for a day or so before repriming.

This is a load of .223 cases I did in one session last week, over 500, the 240v Motor has a higher continuous rating than the 115v unit but make sure its not labouring or over heating when its running.

100_5145.jpg

100_5146.jpg

100_5147.jpg

Some guy on the BBS is trying to get an exclusive arrangement to import these kits into the UK and reckons no one will be able to import them once he's clinched the deal. :rolleyes:

I am tempted by this kit. Did you get heavily stung for import tax?

nope none speak to them when you order it

Spud

Use a pH neutral WUL, a teaspoon of Lemi Shine and fill with hot water from the kettle to within 2" of full. Give it a run for about 2 hours and you should find your cases clean inside and out. The odd pin that bridges in a case mouth or primer pocket needs to be picked out and ditched not put back in the pot. Make sure you dry the cases quickly after you've thoroughly rinsed them in hot water, I use my wife's hair dryer, the primer flash holes do retain drops of water so make sure the have a chance to dry out in an airing cupboard or on a radiator for a day or so before repriming.

This is a load of .223 cases I did in one session last week, over 500, the 240v Motor has a higher continuous rating than the 115v unit but make sure its not labouring or over heating when its running.

100_5145.jpg

100_5146.jpg

100_5147.jpg

Some guy on the BBS is trying to get an exclusive arrangement to import these kits into the UK and reckons no one will be able to import them once he's clinched the deal. :rolleyes:

thanks for that

one thing they did say was to use cold water only as this will stop the staining once they start to dry

I've not had a problem with staining as I dry them quickly in hot hair. Using hot water cuts down the tumbling time, if time is not an issue then you could use cold water just make sure you don't leave the cases and mixture stationary for any length of time.

Good luck.

Cheers John also are you using this "pH neutral WUL" what ever it is instead of Dawn or similar.

Yes, I got a 5 Ltr container from a Catering Supplies company. WUL = Washing Up Liquid. I think any pH neutral detergent will do.

Lol thanks again no wonder i didnt know what WUL was i dont do it , thats why i got married.

this one be ok http://www.lmb-supplies.co.uk/ecover-products-cid112.html

ive been and got some off the stuff isaid and also spoken to stm them selves and they said the stuff i have is ok abnd my case wil be loverly and smell nice too boot

thanks for all your help

ive been and got some off the stuff isaid and also spoken to stm them selves and they said the stuff i have is ok abnd my case wil be loverly and smell nice too boot

thanks for all your help

the machine is fulll and now on

fist few minutres it krept along my work top knocking over a pint of coke, so as a warning stand it on a non slip serface before using

i certainly will do, half tempted to stop and have a peek but i wont

patiance was never a strong virtue of mine

John, could you please just clarify something for me, I presume the quantity you mention above was done in several loads?? How many cases (223) do you get in the unit per load??

Have you found as with the U.S. cleaners lesser density equals shorter running times, or does this not really affect the cleaning process?

Have you peeked yet Spud. :lol:

Cheers Steve

i aint peeked yet mate and i can answer your question too steve

you can clean 2lbs of cases at one go or so the destructions say

observations so far:

motor is warm to touch but not overly and a loverly smell of lime and coke in the man cave

i aint peeked yet mate and i can answer your question too steve

you can clean 2lbs of cases at one go or so the destructions say

observations so far:

motor is warm to touch but not overly and a loverly smell of lime and coke in the man cave

Thanks Mark, looking forward to hearing your results/opinion

Steve

John, could you please just clarify something for me, I presume the quantity you mention above was done in several loads?? How many cases (223) do you get in the unit per load??

Have you found as with the U.S. cleaners lesser density equals shorter running times, or does this not really affect the cleaning process?

Have you peeked yet Spud. :lol:

Cheers Steve

One load, fill with SS pins, then cases to with 3" of full then top up with water, WUL and Lemi Shine to within 2" of full. You don't need to put a gallon of water in it. I know the instructions recommend 180 cases (.223) but I have found that I can clean a lot more with no overheating or labouring or the motor. The photos above were the contents of one drum.

One load, fill with SS pins, then cases to with 3" of full then top up with water, WUL and Lemi Shine to within 2" of full. You don't need to put a gallon of water in it. I know the instructions recommend 180 cases (.223) but I have found that I can clean a lot more with no overheating or labouring or the motor. The photos above were the contents of one drum.

/crikey that will save loads of time like that John

Thanks John,

Thats amazing and seems to be regarded by most as the way forward in cleaning..............very tempted.........

Steve

well i ve done three loads now about 250 cases all told and do you know what its already paid for it self in redeeming old brass back to new

the brass cam out unbeleivable like shiney new ones, i was dubious at first about the quality ive heard they are, when they are done but its not bull hockey

this system does work

once my annealer comes it will be as good as having brand new brass just fireformed

i am now taking orders for people who want their brass cleaned and annealed :blush: its working out at about £15 per hundred plus postage back to you

ill do a full write up and vid on sunday when i get a bit more time as i am shooting tomooroa

well i ve done three loads now about 250 cases all told and do you know what its already paid for it self in redeeming old brass back to new

the brass cam out unbeleivable like shiney new ones, i was dubious at first about the quality ive heard they are, when they are done but its not bull hockey

this system does work

once my annealer comes it will be as good as having brand new brass just fireformed

i am now taking orders for people who want their brass cleaned and annealed :blush: its working out at about £15 per hundred plus postage back to you

I tried to offer that service for free (not including postage), albeit for a small donation to the Royal British Legion of between 5 to 10 pence per case, no one was interested on this board and only one other person on another forum ( just picked up his second batch 7x64 cases from the post office this morning). I had no intention or desire to make money from it but once the annealer is set up it takes little effort to run a couple of hundred extra cases or so.

Annealing for Charity

I tried to offer that service for free (not including postage), albeit for a small donation to the Royal British Legion of between 5 to 10 pence per case, no one was interested on this board and only one other person on another forum ( just picked up his second batch 7x64 cases from the post office this morning). I had no intention or desire to make money from it but once the annealer is set up it takes little effort to run a couple of hundred extra cases or so.

it was a bit of a tonge in cheek post John

but the offer stands if anybody does want any done pm either me or John

Archived