stainless tumbling media

No problem Spud.

Might be a sign of the times and the lack of spare cash available or possibly folks just aren't yet convinced of the advantages of annealing. The cleanliness of the brass out of the SS tumbler is quite astounding and it does look like new virgin brass so make sure you don't get it mixed up with new. I will post some photos of my annealing set up tomorrow when I'm doing the 7x64 cases, I've got mine rigged with a 5kg propane bottle (probably enough gas to last me a lifetime).

No problem Spud.

Might be a sign of the times and the lack of spare cash available or possibly folks just aren't yet convinced of the advantages of annealing. The cleanliness of the brass out of the SS tumbler is quite astounding and it does look like new virgin brass so make sure you don't get it mixed up with new. I will post some photos of my annealing set up tomorrow when I'm doing the 7x64 cases, I've got mine rigged with a 5kg propane bottle (probably enough gas to last me a lifetime).

I look forward to seeing them john my bench source should be hopefully here next week. Then its all good and itll save me hours and hours with a single holder/annealer

A word of caution. You must inspect every case for bridged pins. When these were first becoming popular (mid 80's) a fellow brought a .308 rifle to me with a crashed action. The lugs had been set back the back of the case blown partially off,extractor trashed and the stock cracked. He had left the rifle breech unopened and unhurt but shaken, brought the rifle to me to examine. The case had a pair of bridged pins jammed across the neck that he'd missed. He quit using them at that point, and I have never been able to recommend them to anyone since. They were designed for the jewelers trade, if I remember rightly, and they can have them. JMHO, of course. Be careful.~Andrew

A word of caution. You must inspect every case for bridged pins. When these were first becoming popular (mid 80's) a fellow brought a .308 rifle to me with a crashed action. The lugs had been set back the back of the case blown partially off,extractor trashed and the stock cracked. He had left the rifle breech unopened and unhurt but shaken, brought the rifle to me to examine. The case had a pair of bridged pins jammed across the neck that he'd missed. He quit using them at that point, and I have never been able to recommend them to anyone since. They were designed for the jewelers trade, if I remember rightly, and they can have them. JMHO, of course. Be careful.~Andrew

Andrew, yes the odd pin does get bridged and you have to check each case as you separate the media, I have found that I get fewer and fewer bridges each time I use the tumbler as the over or undersize pins are culled. Before reloading everyone should check the condition of their cases to ensure they do not contain any foreign objects, it only takes a couple of seconds.

Archived