NEW .22 B/R Barrel

Going to Mike Norris on sunday to have a new Barrel put on my .22 b/r , putting on a rear axle of a transit Van !!!

the blank is a tru flight 5 grove 1 in 9 twist and 31.5 inchs long and stright with no taper !! , 1.300 inchs in diamiter ,so will need a JCB to carry it . will watch mike do his magic ,long day ,but will be worth it .

will up date soon

Going to Mike Norris on sunday to have a new Barrel put on my .22 b/r , putting on a rear axle of a transit Van !!!

the blank is a tru flight 5 grove 1 in 9 twist and 31.5 inchs long and stright with no taper !! , 1.300 inchs in diamiter ,so will need a JCB to carry it . will watch mike do his magic ,long day ,but will be worth it .

will up date soon.

The Visit and Barrel Made,

Sunday l arrived early at Mike Norris's for a day to remember and an education and a delight to listen to his whit !!, as l wanted to see how a barrel is made from a tube to a work of art , the day started early with the new barrel being check over , preparing and measuring rechecking and remeasuring this was done at every stage , Mike was explaining as he went along,

My old barrel shot as they say ,

My rifle was taken apart and checked measured making sure all the time , as you only get one chance one cut ,

The first job was to set the barrel up in the leath and making sure this was spot on getting it concentric to the bore,that took time , first the Action thread , then the Chamber, each time making sure of the concentricity that was so important Mike says, next was me going for a big Mac !! , then the end cap , and after that was the threading for the mod and crowning , and finally the polishing , all these jobs where done to the highest standards , Mike would check and recheck to make sure everything was spot on before moving on to the next part , this takes time due to making sure everything was meticulously done to the last thou and from the pictures you can see this ,Mike knows his stuff my head was full of information , and hints and tips for the future,

the polished barrel , the invisible end cap , the rifle on the bench, and a grouping target done today by me finding a load seems it is almost there

next update soon thanks for reading

020.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

Next the final load development

• 2 weeks later...

Archived