not me personally grant but a mate is using them and getting misfires from two different rifles 1 a 7mm wsm the other a 7 shehane

Never heard of any issues with CCi BR primers - I favour these over Federal personaly and have used them in 7mm /300 WSM for 000's of shots with no misfire.

i would of checked firing pin and spring but since its 2 different rifles it might be headspace ,ie is he bumping cases to much and not jamming bullets if he fireforming ,it can happen when fireforming and not in lands

seating primmers to deep

i have used br2s for years and never had a single missfire ,but know of some while fireforming cases not jamming bullets in lands they get a light strike and that causes a missfire

buy the way good result at diggle top ten with a walk about rifle

when you getting your shehane

june/july grant and then watch out!!

still waiting for robertsons to do a days work and send my stock and bat action is on the way

Just spotted this. I used to run CCI BR primers in my .308 and never had an issue but moved to FED210M. (Quest for accuracy yada yada yada) Anyway the CCI BR's seemed like a good choice for my 7mm SAUM Wildcat. Using the same batch of 1000 primers I started getting misfires. 23 of them in 100 shots to be precise. I put this down to me or the rifle cursed a bit and pulled them when I got home.

The experimenting bit, I am very careful with my primer handling, eg I don't touch them. The action was a brand new Barnard and the primer showed a good pin strike so I doubt it was at fault. So I popped a few primers out, placed one on an anvil and hit it with a hammer, in fact I hit half a dozen and none went bang. Time to try with fresh out the box ones, this time they did go bang (Yes I know, not very scientific but....)

So my view is one of trays of 100 had some flaky primers in it. Never seen it before and I have not sued any of the batch since...

i was using CCI BR in my 223 for yrs while ive had my tikka anyway...then when i had it re-barrelled out of 50 i had about 8-10 misfires ? yet same primers were still working fine in my other 223 tikka with standard barrel and they were all from the same 1000 box/batch. i then switch to federal for my day rifle 223 with the new barrel and so far not one misfire with feds.

Mick

Archived