sightron scope

thekeeper

i was looking at getting a sightron scope had a look at the shooting show and they looked good for the money , i had a look at a few old topics about them on here and was wondering if anybody could point me in the direction of a web site across the pond that ship to the uk

many thanks thekeeper

Most companies are getting fussy over exports as #US customs have really 'taken and interest' in the last couple of months.

Brunos was always pretty good though: http://www.brunoshooters.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=BSS&Category_Code=35-SIGH

give them a call. If not Bear Basin possibly?

Brgds Terry

Can't find your original for sale post so thought I would reply here.

Cheers thekeeper scope arrived as good as new, for the record to all spot on guy to deal with ;):)

Can't find your original for sale post so thought I would reply here.

Cheers thekeeper scope arrived as good as new, for the record to all spot on guy to deal with ;):)

thanks for that eldon glad you like scope and thanks for the help with paypal

Most companies are getting fussy over exports as #US customs have really 'taken and interest' in the last couple of months.

Brunos was always pretty good though: http://www.brunoshooters.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=BSS&Category_Code=35-SIGH

give them a call. If not Bear Basin possibly?

Brgds Terry

Terry - do you know what the shipping costs are like on smaller lightweight objects? It will not state until shipped.

Thanks,

Si

People never learn when it comes to buying from the states. If i had a quid for every zeiss conquest thats gone tits up, and the owners whinge about repairs i would be rich. Zeiss uk have never imported them, so quite rightly tell the owners to take a flying f**k.

John isn,t stupid, he knows what scopes he,s sold via their serial numbers. Why not support a british importer, and recieve a 100% back up warranty. You wont have to that which promotes growth and vigour a brick when customs knock on the door either.

US customs aren,t just prosecuting the Gary Hyde,s and Guy Savages of this world you know. Brownells were subpoenered over 12 months ago for every UK address they had shipped to, and they had to comply.

By importing a banned product, or one governed by ITAR regs, you run a very real chance of prosecution.

I totally agree that we should be supporting our local importers and distributors, and in return surely they should be supporting us? I am all for someone making a profit, in fact if they do not make a profit they will not be around when I next need something. However I strongly believe some of the prices we are charged are well over the top. Once upon a time if I saw something advertised for USD199 I knew it was going to cost me GBP200 ish, now I expect to pay GBP300 for the same item. Yes I know the GBP is not as strong as it used to be be but I still think some of our importers are taking the Mick.

Some makes of Rifles and bullets spring to mind.

My thoughts for what they are worth are similar to baldies.

I too liked the look of and attributes of the conquest range and once was in the market to buy one. Chased around on the net and the general feedback was not brilliant. A few do go faulty and the warranty is at best iffy. The UK has never seen these legitimately so if you do have a problem, with what at the end of the day is probably around £700 you are on your own. For this reason I decided to go off them and buy something else.

Buying from the states is also not as cheap as it was and once you figure in the tax vat etc then the bargain isn't so good.

Makes me wonder about mil dot ret scopes like my Leupold mark 4. If need be can I send this back for warranty without hassle and import export problems?

Buying from UK is certainly easier but.....

I do concur with Davys point though that local supplier/importer support has to be a two way street. I think we are often ripped off.

At the end of the day you pay your money and takes your choice.

Archived