Shooting sticks

Hey folks,

Does anyone know where i could get myself a good set of shooting sticjs for foxing, stalking.

Does anyone use the tripod sticks steup versus the two stick method?

Thanks.

Garry

B+Q garden canes. Select the hight that suits you, connect them either with a thick rubber band (either a band from a vacuum cleaner, the inner tube of a tyre or something similar) and bob's your auntie's husband, you've got cheap, indestructable, easy to replace, forest green shooting sticks, either in bipod or tripod configuration. Advice that was passed on to me in UKV some years ago and served me well to date,

best wishes,

Finman

The best rubber rings to use are found in saddlers, I think they are martingale rings, only a quid or so when I bought mine.

Remember that the canes are metal, so don't do what I did and use them to hold an electric fence down. :wacko:

I use a set of bushwear tripods, cheap enough, although you might want to put a drop of locktite on the threads of the jointing pins before you take them out.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey folks,

Does anyone know where i could get myself a good set of shooting sticjs for foxing, stalking.

Thanks.

Garry

hi 6.5,

my mate is selling a set of stoney point rapid fit bipods two/one prone and one standing kneeling with fit ments for two rifles £75+ postage (see reveiw on this forum) both telescopic and very light the best thing is your point of aim (poa) does,nt change, using either as you are using the same snap on attachment, i have a set and wouldnt use anything else,

if your interested pm me and i will pass on his details

Hey folks,

Thanks.

Garry

Having used just about every conceivable version of shooting sticks over the years from hazel sticks, B&Q plastic covered garden cranes, Ali telescopic bi-pods by at least 3 different makers, and quad sticks. I finally decided to treat myself to a RLD-2 Bipod made by Bog-Pod. Not cheap but.... Absolutely brilliant!

They also make a mono pod and a tri-pod version.

I brought mine up from Cabela's whilst out there on business. It saved on postage and taxes. :)

http://www.boggear.com/rld_shooting_sticks.html

They also come in camo

http://www.boggear.com/cld_shooting_sticks.html

Hi fellas,

Shotgunner, thanks for the offer on those stoney point bipods but ive made my own sticks for the temporary future to see how they perform. I havent got trying them out yet tho. Ive had harris bipods and im trying to get away from the bipod. I dont get on well with them for some reason.

Jackdaw, thanks for the info on those sticks.

Theyre just what ive been looking for but I will try out what ive made first and see how they perform first.

They look just the ticket tho.

Regards

Garry

Hi fellas,

Shotgunner, thanks for the offer on those stoney point bipods but ive made my own sticks for the temporary future to see how they perform. I havent got trying them out yet tho. Ive had harris bipods and im trying to get away from the bipod. I dont get on well with them for some reason.

Jackdaw, thanks for the info on those sticks.

Theyre just what ive been looking for but I will try out what ive made first and see how they perform first.

They look just the ticket tho.

Regards

Garry

Garry

These Bog-Pods are the dogs danglies. :)

IMO The home made variety of sticks only score on one aspect...... they're cheap.

I know, I've tried them all over the years. I even got a long ash buckrake handle and made a jig up so that I could cut it in half lengthways on the band saw and then drilled and bolted it together at the pivot point with a 6mm lost head nut and bolt set. I think I used them for about half a roe season before discarding them for my first set of telescopics purchased at the CLA Game Fair when they where first imported.

I see some guy from across the channel now makes something similar to my ash handle set but he sells them for 60 euro's or more. I think my home made set are still up in the shed rafters somewhere along with my pigeon lofting poles.

Archived