Diggle 1000 yard Egg Shoot

OK Guys,

The shoot is a goer.

One hen's egg, one shot, one thousand yards, one thousand pounds!

Date May 30th Bank Holiday Monday

Sunday 29th all-day sighting-in at 1000 yards.

Cost - £15 for the two days.

Limited to the first 100 shooters applying - so e-mail me on vinceb@6ppc.fsnet.co.uk

It will be the biggest ever gathering of accurate rifles in the UK and we will have an 'I was there' badge.

Hope to see lots of you guys at Diggle!

Cheers

Vince

I,m quite dissapointed Vince, that the committee at Diggle have seen fit to schedule this shoot , the same weekend as the Phoenix meeting at Bisley, which is always the same weekend in May. Not only is it the largest trade show for target shooting and gallery rifle, but it also hosts an international "F" class shoot, with a lot of the Dutch lads coming over.I would bet that there will be a few faces missing at Diggle because of this.

The only losers in this clash of dates, will be the ordinary shooter.

I will be one of them, as i will be at Bisley, and thus, unable to support my home club due to England duties for gallery rifle

, but would be more than willing to supply a prize for the comp anyway.

Hi Vince

Email sent..... count me in + 2 others (Dad is re-arranging his Taiwan trip for this shoot)

He must be feeling lucky with that new 260 Rem :D

Happy to help with setup etc

Cheers

Bruce

Dave, sorry about the date clash but the Diggle calendar is so full and this was the date of the 500yd Egg Shoot anyway. I've scrubbed a 600 yd benchrest shoot to allow 1000 yard practise all day Sunday.

The response has been great - thanks guys - keep those e-mails coming and this will be a shoot to remember! Someone will walk away with the money and go down in shooting history!

Cheers

Vince

• 2 months later...

OK - the 1000 yard Diggle Egg Shoot.

Here are the final details:

Sunday, 29th May - all day sighting-in at 1000 yards - if you're not sighted-in - just turn up and shoot.

Monday 30th may - The Egg! each Shooter will be allowed one sighter shot, at 1000 yards which will be marked. Following the marked sighters, we shoot the egg. We want a winner - so a second shot will be allowed if no one hits it first time.

We would like 100 shooters - we currently have about half that number - we need your entry so, e-mail me on vinceb@6ppc.fsnet.co.uk if you would like to compete!

Vince

Archived