Britains biggest fox ?

Streeker59

A guy had one bigger with a terrier, a good few years back on a patch of ground i used to shoot near Manchester. That was a witnessed 30 lbs.

There have been several authenticated 30,s over the years. I,ve seen bigger than the one in the vid in the dales and lakes, when out with hounds several times.They grow very big indeed up there.

Its still a huge fox however, and could cart most things off, including babies. :blink: Not the sort of animal you want roaming an urban envoironment, especially without fear of man.

Got one on my wall of that size, 26.5. Taken not far from here with an old terrier of mine.

I know of a verified one of 33lb caught in NW7 about 30 years ago, and witnessed by a reliable friend.

The weight means nothing really. I've had more problems with nasty little ones than with big uns.

Same as in life!

Hi all, in the old days of MAFF we used to log all known breeding earths and weigh and measure all culled foxes, the largest dog fox that I can remember was a fraction over 23Lbs can’t recall the length though.

But as WhoopWhoop said it’s the small one’s that have caused the most problems, I once had a tiny little vixen that weighed no more than 11Lbs, and she caused havoc by getting into a pets corner and killed everything in there.

Now days they are completely unafraid of man, and in urban environments they are so bold that it beggars belief. I had one only the other day sit looking at me no more than twenty yards away, whilst I set up my rifle on the sticks, big mistake on her part!

ATB Bob

I've never weighed my foxes, but I measured one a shot just before Christmas and he was 45 inches long...

It was a lovely shot too, 170m straight through the middle of his right eye and exiting through the flesh of his neck...you could barely tell he'd been shot!!

Archived