Rifle bedding

eddieb

Gents

I live in the SW Scotland area. Is there anyone here who could help me with bedding my 30.06

i have pillars and a suitable stock. It is a remington SPS rifle with bottom metal not a detacable mag system

In the future i may be getting one of our members experimental types but first of all i want to try the set up in the stock i have.

Of course i am willing to drive any reasonable distance for the right job.

Thanks

E

There are plenty on the site who will do the job for u and do it very well.

Location isnt an issue - just choose who u want to do it, box up the rifle and send via TNT through your local shop.

Tom Young will be closest to u if u wanted a local chap.

If i,m reading this right you have an SPS ? Dont bed the std stock, and dont let anyone tell you it WILL bed successfully, because it wont. They are made from a type of nylon, that bedding wont stick to properly, and will flex and eventually crack any bedding put in there. Get a decent stock first, then have it bedded.

Dave

exactly the advice I would give re the SPS, but I read the post that the rifle is to be bedded into a decent (if unknown) stock.

Take Baldies advice here, dont even think about doing this on an injection moulded stock.

Thanks Guys for all the replies.

The stock i am using initially is a CDL wooden one which is a decent bit of wood.I want to try the rifle properly bedded before i invest in something costing a bit more.

Its currently in a Hogue stock and shoots OK but i just want to see what more i can get out of it.

E

Archived