Right all...................

Im looking for a pair of gloves. I get very painful hands when they get cold and they more or less cramp up on me.

Specification as follows.

1 - Warm.

2 - Waterproof.

3 - THIN enough to shoot with whilst wearing.

4 - Dont care about cost.

Had Neoprene, Had Max 4, Had 511 Atac, Had NI Gloves, Had Wooly Gloves,

Right all...................

Im looking for a pair of gloves. I get very painful hands when they get cold and they more or less cramp up on me.

Specification as follows.

1 - Warm.

2 - Waterproof.

3 - THIN enough to shoot with whilst wearing.

4 - Dont care about cost.

Had Neoprene, Had Max 4, Had 511 Atac, Had NI Gloves, Had Wooly Gloves,

Have a look at this post http://ukvarminting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10238&st=0&gopid=88779entry88779

Best,

George

I have used sealskinz socks, not that warm.

I use macwet gloves most of the time but in the snow I use a pair of Burton snowboarding gloves with a built in inner glove. I am able to pull the outer glove off just when we find a fox on the lamp and the inner glove is thin enough to fit through the trigger guard.

I have used sealskinz socks, not that warm.

I use macwet gloves most of the time but in the snow I use a pair of Burton snowboarding gloves with a built in inner glove. I am able to pull the outer glove off just when we find a fox on the lamp and the inner glove is thin enough to fit through the trigger guard.

For milder weather I use Camoskinz gloves offered by Cabela's (similar to these http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-CamoSkinz8482-Uninsulated-Shooting-Gloves/751085.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=/catalog/search.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dcamoskinz%26x%3D0%26y%3D0&Ntt=camoskinz). They are in fact shooting gloves and offer great feel and dexterity. When it gets a bit colder I then use another pair of Cabela's glittens with flip back top and half length fingers and thumb underneath on top of the Camoskinz gloves (http://www.cabelas.com/product/Clothing/Mens-Hunting-Clothing/Mens-Hunting-Gloves/Mens-Scent-Control-Gloves%7C/pc/104797080/c/104748480/sc/104358780/i/104023080/Scent-Lok174-TimberFleece-360176-Pop-Top-Gloves/750288.uts?destination=/catalog/browse/clothing-mens-hunting-clothing-mens-hunting-gloves-mens-scent-control-gloves/_/N-1102849/Ns-CATEGORY_SEQ_104023080). I believe the Camoskinz have soft kangaroo leather palms. These cost around US$25.00 a few years back. They were so good I ordered a few more pairs for reserves. And then, when it gets really cold I fall back on the heated ones.

Best,

George

I have a pair of Sealskinz, they work just fine in wet / moderate cold weather, the liner is loose so getting wet hands into the gloves can be a PITA.

Otherwise they work well.

I also have some fleece gloves - think they are musto, these are warmer in winter, but not waterproof.

Both allow decent trigger feel - unless its really cold.

I find the open palm sheepskin gloves do the trick for me, I can't tolerate being restricted by full finger and thumb gloves. Most of the time I single feed my 6BR and I find pulling a round from my cheek piece and chambering a round quite awkward with fingered gloves.

Before any of you comment I've just realised how wrong that sounds :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know I had to try a pair before I was convinced, and I can honestly say I would not be without them now. My theory is if you can keep your wrists and the veins on the back of your hands warm, generally your fingers can cope.

http://www.william-powell.co.uk/Products/7807/Open-Palm-Shooting-Mitts/

Cheers

Neil

I find the open palm sheepskin gloves do the trick for me, I can't tolerate being restricted by full finger and thumb gloves. Most of the time I single feed my 6BR and I find pulling a round from my cheek piece and chambering a round quite awkward with fingered gloves.

Before any of you comment I've just realised how wrong that sounds :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know I had to try a pair before I was convinced, and I can honestly say I would not be without them now. My theory is if you can keep your wrists and the veins on the back of your hands warm, generally your fingers can cope.

http://www.william-powell.co.uk/Products/7807/Open-Palm-Shooting-Mitts/

Cheers

Neil

Hi Neil,

I would disagree with some of your theory above. As a diver, I learnt a very long time ago that the areas through which you lose body heat the most are hands, feet and head, i.e. the extremities. Now my own theory is that your heart has to pump warm and oxygen-rich blood to these far areas to supply them with oxygen and do the other functions that it carries with it. If your hands, say, are exposed to the elements and that fresh blood is arriving there nice and warm and then returning cold, I would imagine that your body will have to work extra hard to rewarm that blood again and that cold may end up creeping up your body. I believe that the core temperature has to drop only 2 degrees to send us shivering, so I think protecting these areas from the elements is a good way to remain warm and comfortable. I am sure that there are better clued up people here who can come up with a better explanation. Just my two pence worth to the argument. I find the mints with flip back fingers and thumb work very well and you just have to pull it back when a shot presents itself.

Best,

George

Aldi have just got some neoprene gloves in I think they are about a fiver or so,My missus picked me up some today,on reflection they are quite thick, finger dexterity can be obtained by peeling back the thumb and index finger,similar to the musto types and also have a velcro strap, they seem comftable and for the price you cannot moan.Aldi gloves

Archived