This morning was time for some serious shottie fun. The usual team of reprobates met in a cafe near Mattersey for a full "lard" :D Even baldie junior managed a "special" dont know where that child puts it. Takes after his mother. :lol:

IMG_0411.jpg

All of us are practical/target shotgunners and have a couple of various auto/pumps each.

Anyway, Mattersey has a dedicated shotgun slug range which bird and buck can also be used on.

IMG_0419.jpg

A lovely little corner of the world. Next it was time to get some targets up.....dont think the NRA would like these somehow..... :lol:

IMG_0415.jpg

We had a good thrash at 25 yards, then moved back to 50 yards under cover to do some serious slug testing on a newly stocked brand....it was very impressive indeed.

IMG_0427.jpg

Even managed to drag Roger out of his pit. He never knew there were two 9 o clocks in one day.....

IMG_0432.jpg

He is shooting an old mossberg we put together in the shop this week. It has one of those Knoxx axiom recoil reducing stocks on it, and boy does it work. The gun can handle the harshest recoiling slug such as cheddite and pmc, and its softer recoiling than an auto. It still climbs high, but you cant feel the recoil.Absolutely stunning.

A great , fun morning with good mates, and my little lad, who absolutely adores being on the range.

Must admit,,,I dusted off the lanber this weekend and went and did 100 birds up at kellbrook - a great english sporting lay out..

Introduced some of the lads into "random clays".

I hate clay grounds,,,you know whats comming,,,if you have a multiplie launch sporting lay out,,,,,,,dont let the lads know whats comming,,,mix it up a bit........makes it even more fun.

" Arrest on sight".... :lol::lol::lol:

Anyone who,s ever shot with us Matt, knows its non stop, merciless piss taking from start to finish. :lol: I usually manage to wind Tim up that much on the Bisley trips, i swear he will batter me before the weekend is out.... :lol:

Several times a month Gandy. :D

I,ve taken to reloading slug, ....just so we can shoot more for fun, and keep the bought stuff for comps. Those targets are actually sat in turners, we just need to get our hands on the electronics and we can have even more fun.

There is something quite hard-on inducing....about a gun that goes bang, 11 times, as fast as you can pull the trigger.... :lol:

Seriously, practical, and target shotgun really are great fun, and the amount of people wishing to shoot it at our clubs, and nationally, is rocketing.

Dave, as it happened I got to play with a shottie the other week, sort of a wooldand walk with steel poppers en-route and a bit off house cleaning to finish with. Really enjoyed it after a dozen years of not touching one.

Archived