Manners T4 for l/h Tikka T3

brown dog

Ordered this a couple of months ago, a left hand inlet for my Tikka T3 lite.

Going to be the beginning of my 'lightweight tacticalish mountain stalking rifle'.

Leaf Green,Versapod spigot, flush cups on rhs.

Haven't got my mitts on it yet; this pic sent by a pal in the US; but certainly like the look of it.

T3stockinUS.jpg

You will love the Manners, I have a couple on my rifles - they are as good as, if not better than the equivalent macs.. :)

How do they compare to Macs pricewise and for delivery times???

Gary

Manners delivery time? Just checked my emails. The stock in the pic was ordered on 18 Aug, and delivered (in US) over a week ago....so, under 2 months.

Did you decide what you are going to do re:cheekpiece?

Not yet - I'm going to see how it all sits together first. I think something along the lines of that FAL thing.

Got my mitts on the stock this w/e.

To say I'm pleased would be a massive understatement!

This stock is immaculate; the ergonomics are perfect and the CNC inlet is so ridiculously perfect that I'm going to give it a try without epoxy bedding - the fit is so precise I'm not sure it'll be worth it:

P1010023.jpg

P1010025.jpg

P1010027.jpg

P1010026.jpg

I like a free-float I can see; not check with sheets of paper :rolleyes: :

P1010029-1.jpg

• 2 months later...

This stock is immaculate; the ergonomics are perfect and the CNC inlet is so ridiculously perfect that I'm going to give it a try without epoxy bedding - the fit is so precise I'm not sure it'll be worth it:

P1010023.jpg

P1010025.jpg

P1010027.jpg

P1010012b.jpg

Gave the T3 its first-ever run out today, been a while waiting!

Shot 10 rounds of old prvi through it and then gave it a pull-through.

With barrel break-in completed :rolleyes: I got it 'on' on the 20m zero range; then moved to 200m.

Every 6 or so rounds I would check the torque on the action screws; 65 inlb.

The rear screw stayed solid, the front screw kept re-tightening to reach 65inlb; I suspect something is moving or settling.

Groups (only fired 6) with RUAG factory seemed to alternate between 1 inch and 2 inch at 200.

Sooo,(as Ronin predicted!) the rifle will be popping up North for a bit of pillar bedding love.

• 1 month later...

Well, the rifle's due back soon from pillar bedding and fitting of AICS bottom metal.

In the meantime; I've been thinking of a change of plan -thinking of having the custom I'm getting together done as a switch-barrel -which would make this 308 surplus to requirement.

P1010012b.jpg

That's everything in this pic less the scope & rings, but plus AICS bottom metal and pillar bedding (ie left hand T3, EGW inclined picatinny, Manners T4, pillar bedded, AICS bottom metal, versapod stud, lockable pan and tilt versapod)

Until I have it back from having the work done, happy to take questions /expressions of interest from anyone wanting first refusal.

Well, the rifle's due back soon from pillar bedding and fitting of AICS bottom metal.

In the meantime; I've been thinking of a change of plan -thinking of having the custom I'm getting together done as a switch-barrel -which would make this 308 surplus to requirement.

P1010012b.jpg

That's everything in this pic less the scope & rings, but plus AICS bottom metal and pillar bedding (ie left hand T3, EGW inclined picatinny, Manners T4, pillar bedded, AICS bottom metal, versapod stud, lockable pan and tilt versapod)

Until I have it back from having the work done, happy to take questions /expressions of interest from anyone wanting first refusal.

Oh, and a brand new Jet-Z CQB suppressor too.

BD What is the barrel profile?? Could you please PM me what you would be looking for by way of price ?

Gary

Gary,

My intended purpose for this rifle is that it be a 'lightweight tacticalish mountain stalking rifle'. To that end the barrel/action is a stainless Tikka T3 lite. Sorry, but I don't know how that translates as an actual profile; 'normal sporter' would be the best I could describe it.

Pricewise; I'll have to do some sums. All the components are basically new; I only put 30rds through it before deciding to send it for pillar bedding. I'm happy to sell the jet-z seperately.

I think a guide price would be the sum of:

The new price for [Manners with versapod stud, EGW rail, jetz]

plus

Good secondhand for [barreled action (mint); versapod (note: it's their top-end bipod, not the usual fayre)]

with the AICS bottom metal and pillar bedding job as the sweetener -thrown in as a loss to me, but a gain to the buyer

ATB

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

Aaagh! It's too nice now - I think I may have put together the ultimate stalking rifle - not sure I can bring myself to sell it :rolleyes:

P1010078.jpg

P1010071.jpg

BD, have you still got your old T3 stock.............

I liked your rifle from the start, have a 223 lite myself and wondering if it would slot into your stock if the profiles are the same, but would mean you flogging just the stock only.....

Just noticed you have stuck 308.............ahhh well...........

Keep it mate,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,its a nice bit of kit..................

• 4 years later...

Hi,

I know this is an old old post, but just about to order a Manners stock for my Tikka, just wondering on what bottom metal you used? and how you got on with it?

Ordered this a couple of months ago, a left hand inlet for my Tikka T3 lite.

Going to be the beginning of my 'lightweight tacticalish mountain stalking rifle'.

Leaf Green,Versapod spigot, flush cups on rhs.

Haven't got my mitts on it yet; this pic sent by a pal in the US; but certainly like the look of it.

T3stockinUS.jpg

It was a Third Eye Tactical T3 bottom metal. (Tier two )

Shot pretty well too....

• 8 months later...

are you sure?

in this pic its wearing the 5-25 mk2, that scope looks smaller.

Matt, can you clarify as I'm looking to do something similar

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/topic/13808-sold-sub-03moa-manners-lotharaics-left-hander-65x47/

Archived