Bushnell 6500 tactical elite 4.5 - 30 x 50

247sniper

Evening all,

Has anyone got one or tried one of theses scopes, Bushnell tactical elite 6500 4.5-30 x 50?

What are they like?

Thoughts and advice would be ace guys,

Steve

Evening all,

Has anyone got one or tried one of theses scopes, Bushnell tactical elite 6500 4.5-30 x 50?

What are they like?

Thoughts and advice would be ace guys,

Steve

I have the smaller 2.5-16 x 42 Steve, with the target turrets, side focus, mildot etc, i guess your scope is just the bigger version.

The scope is absolutely outstanding. Clarity is stunning [ its jap] total repeatability on the caps, parallax works fine, and it was the only scope i could find that would parallax down to 10 metres for gallery rifle. In fact, it was the only scope available with all the features i required.Excellent value for money, and i cant reccomend them highly enough.

I have the very scope you mention on loan, it is going to go on a new project rifle when its ready so it has not been monunted on a rifle yet

Baldie is absolutely spot on about the clarity and contrast, even just holding it up to your eye and looking down the road made say WOW! what a superb sharp bright image

I could not detect any aberration at all around the edge of the image through the full magnification range even though it was hand held

Quality is superb as is the finish, turret clicks feel taught and precise but not over heavy, the same can be said about the zoom ring.

The only downside for me is purely aesthetic and that is i find the turrets just a bit too big and bulbous.

Apart from that an excellent scope that i could not fault.

Ian.

I`ve got one of these on my 204 and can only repeat whats already been said.

It is a really nice optic and seems to be very well made.

As far as the turrets go, they are quite large but that may be handy in the winter with cold hands.

The only downside if any is a slight loss of light above 25x but that is the only thing.

Regard`s, Jamie.

I have the smaller 2.5-16 x 42 Steve, with the target turrets, side focus, mildot etc, i guess your scope is just the bigger version.

The scope is absolutely outstanding. Clarity is stunning [ its jap] total repeatability on the caps, parallax works fine, and it was the only scope i could find that would parallax down to 10 metres for gallery rifle. In fact, it was the only scope available with all the features i required.Excellent value for money, and i cant reccomend them highly enough.

I have the same scope - very good optics for the money, very clear.

Will this scope stand upto a 7 Rem Mag recoil?

Is the repeatability spot on?

Used to own a Bausch and Lomb, it was fantastic - As clear as alot of the top end scopes.

I looked at these scopes as an option for me on the cheap & there advert says that they had tested a scope on a 375 H&H for 10thousand rounds without a break so should be good for your 7mm mag if that helps you??.

... advert says that they had tested a scope on a 375 H&H for 10thousand rounds without a break ..

An oft-quoted claim it seems but basically useless information. Clearly no-one will be shooting one off the shoulder for 10K rounds so at the very best, it's been sat in a rig for this "torture test". Tells you very little as it could easily be a very heavy gun or else be restrained by the rig.

I'd rather have them use an 7lb 7mmWby as it's the peak acceleration that does the damage, ie shakes the gutz out of it!

Chris-NZ

• 3 months later...

i HAVE PUT ANOTHER POST UNDER SCOPES.....I HAVE GOT THIS SCOPE LAST WEEK AND CAN ONLY SAY WHAT HAS ALREADY BEEN SAID,

wHAT A FANTASTIC SCOPE

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP AGAIN GUYS

STEVE

I'm glad that the general concensus for Bushnell scopes is that they're very good.

I have on order an Elite 3200 10 x 40 tactical to go on my T3 ( .223 ). As i only use it out to 300 yards, i find that the leup VX3 that i currently have on the Tikka is overkill for the use the rifle gets.

The Leup will go on next years TRG 22 for sure..

http://www.scopesdirect.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=BL321040Mp

Archived